(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Today’s Adult Strawberry Frozen Hot Chocolatetini recipe might just be my new favorite summer treat cocktail (and easy to make without alcohol for the kids and non-drinkers)! It only took seconds to whip together in my KitchenAid Blender! Chocolate lovers will definitely love this chocolatetini recipe! If you’re not a chocolate lover (can it really be possible? Check out my Recipe Index for all my other great cocktails. And don’t forget, I still have a few open GIVEAWAYS so be sure to enter soon for some great prizes!
If you’ve ever been to Serendipity you’re probably familiar with their delicious frozen hot chocolate! It’s a frozen version of a “hot” chocolate drink turned into a chocolatetini recipe. You can also order frozen hot chocolate mixes right off their website. There are hundreds of recipes on the internet for frozen hot chocolate, but I decided to change it up a bit and make my own cocktail version!
I also wanted to try out my new cool blender from KitchenAid and knew this recipe would be perfect. Isn’t this blue color the coolest??? It only took a few seconds to whip up this drink in the blender. I was amazed how the blender it cut through the frozen strawberries with no problem!!! The drink was smooth with no frozen strawberry chunks!! Yum!!!
I put my own spin on this frozen hot chocolate recipe. I used Ghirardelli dark chocolate, Pinnacle Chocolate Whipped Vodka, and Strawberry Love Whipahol (Alcohol flavored infused whipped cream from Whipped Lightning). Whipped Lightning has some great flavors, so check them out if you haven’t already! Other ingredients included Hershey’s unsweetened dark cocoa powder, milk, sugar and frozen strawberries.
If you’re making a version for the kids, just swap out the alcohol for more milk and use regular whipped cream. You do need to melt your chocolate first in the microwave. Be very careful adding the milk to the chocolate so that the chocolate doesn’t cool too fast and get chunky in the milk! It’s easy, I promise!
Cheers! Hope you enjoy this chocolatetini recipe!
Hope you enjoy!
Adult Strawberry Frozen Hot Chocolatetini
- 1 (3.5 oz.) Ghirardelli dark chocolate bar
- 2 teaspoons Hershey's unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 cups frozen whole strawberries
- 3/4 cup Pinnacle Chocolate Whipped Vodka
- Garnish: Strawberry Love Whipahol
- Break up chocolate bar and place in large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 second intervals stirring after each interval until smooth. (If you prefer, you can melt chocolate over double boiler.)
- Stir cocoa powder and sugar into melted chocolate until combined. Very slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly, until smooth. Pour into blender.
- Add strawberries and vodka to blender and process until smooth. Pour into glasses then garnish with Strawberry Love Whipahol.
SNAPPY TIPS: Make sure you add the milk very slowly to the warm chocolate so that the chocolate doesn't cool too quickly and get clumpy.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: If making for kids, substitute milk for the vodka and use regular or chocolate whipped cream.
Other chocolate strawberry recipes I thought you might enjoy:
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies – Lauren’s Latest
- Chocolate & Strawberry Mousse – Baked Alaska
- Chocolate Truffle Strawberry Tarts – Pease Pudding
Disclosure: I received a KitchenAid Blender from KitchenAid and a variety of Whipahol from Whipped Lightning, but all opinions are my own and no other compensation was provided.