Spicy Cranberry Spread, an easy homemade spread with only 3 ingredients. Great for crackers, crostini, and veggies, and even on sandwiches, chicken, and more!
Spicy Cranberry Spread, this easy holiday appetizer and snack is perfect for so many things! Love how versatile it is and can easily be made with any leftover cranberry sauce you have around.
Only 3 ingredients in this quick and easy appetizer. A few notes…
Make sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature to prevent lumps.
I used homemade leftover cranberry sauce (a similar version of this Homemade Cranberry Sauce) but you can use premade or canned whole cranberry sauce. Jellied cranberry sauce might also work, but I haven’t tried.
I also used ground chipotle powder but you could use a little canned chipotle if you have that around.
Spicy Cranberry Spread Ingredients
- Cream cheese
- Cranberry sauce (homemade or canned)
- Ground chipotle powder
- Things to serve it with (optional): crackers, crostini, vegetables, breadsticks, etc.
How to Make Spicy Cranberry Spread
- Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until smooth. (Or mix all ingredients in a large bowl with a strong spoon.)
(Full printable recipe card is at bottom of post.)
Uses for Spicy Cranberry Spread
- Use as a spread or dip for crackers, crostini, vegetables, breadsticks, etc.
- Can also be used as a condiment on turkey, chicken, or pork sandwiches, wraps, or even burgers.
- Mix a little with mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt for a creamy salad dressing.
- Use as a sauce for chicken or pork.
Quick Tips for Best Results
- Make sure the cream cheese is well softened to prevent lumps when it’s mixed with other ingredients.
- If you’re unsure of how spicy you want this spread, start with just a little chipotle and add more as you go.
- You can serve this spread right away, or refrigerate for later use.
- I used a homemade whole cranberry sauce, but you can also use canned or your favorite cranberry sauce. Even a thick jam or jelly would work well.
Spicy Cranberry Spread FAQ
How should I store the Spicy Cranberry Spread?
Cover and refrigerate the spread until you’re ready to serve.
Can I freeze the Spicy Cranberry Spread?
I would not recommend freezing this.
How long will the spread last?
It will last at least a few days if not longer if well covered and refrigerated and ingredients are fresh.
You can use your favorite cranberry sauce or even a thick jam or jelly. Instead of ground chipotle you could use canned chipotle (just add a little at a time…) or your favorite pepper.
Can I use low-fat ingredients?
Yes you can use low-fat cream cheese. The consistency of the spread might be a tad thinner but it should be fine.
What else can I add to this recipe?
A little lime or orange juice or zest would be good, as would a little cilantro. You could also add a little mayo or plain Greek yogurt.
What should I serve this Spicy Cranberry Spread with?
See above for more uses and serving suggestions, but you can serve it with crackers, breadsticks, crostini, vegetables, etc.
Can I make this vegan/vegetarian/low carb/gluten-free?
Here are some suggestions, but I can’t guarantee results. Be sure as always to check particular brands and ingredients if you’re following a specific diet or have diet restrictions or allergies.
Vegan – You can try using a cream cheese substitute that is vegan-friendly
Vegetarian – It’s vegetarian. Be sure to check individual brands/products just to be sure though.
Low-Carb – Try using a low sugar homemade or store-bought cranberry sauce and serve with low carb options like veggies.
Gluten-Free -It’s gluten-free but be sure to serve with gluten-free crackers or other gluten-free options.
Other Dips and Spread Recipes You May Enjoy
- Ham Dip – great dip or spread that uses leftover ham!
- Feta Spread – an easy homemade spread with lemon and rosemary.
- Smoked Salmon Spread – simple option for fish lovers.
- Pimento Cheese Spread – a true southern classic.
Hope you enjoy this simple Spicy Cranberry Spread. Tell me in the comments what you served it with!
If you’re a cranberry fan, you might also like these delicious Panera copycat Cranberry Orange Muffins and this tasty Cranberry Limoncello Spritzer cocktail! Or even these simple White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies.
Spicy Cranberry Spread
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cranberry sauce (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- Serve with (optional): crackers, crostini, vegetables, breadsticks, etc.
- Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until smooth.
(Nutrition data is provided when available for informational purposes only and calculated using an online nutritional calculator. For the most accurate information please calculate based on specific ingredients and brands you use as well as any changes you made to the recipe. I am not a certified nutritionist or registered dietician and any nutritional information provided should only be used as a general guideline and estimate.)