Mother’s Day Gift Ideas, a long list of what to do for Mother’s Day from traditional to creative! A little bit for everyone no matter what your mom likes.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Hard to believe Mother’s Day is coming up already isn’t it? I swear we just had snow?! Oh, wait, we did just have snow not too long ago. Well if you’re stumped what to do for Mother’s Day, I have some of the best Mother’s Day Gift Ideas that are simple and easy! Have other ideas to add? Would love to hear!
Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
Here’s a long list of ideas for mom this Mother’s Day! I hope some of these Mother’s Day gift ideas will be perfect for you or your mom or at least give you a little inspiration.
1. Food: My favorite topic! Lots of food options for foodie moms! A Mother’s Day Brunch is always nice, whether you make the food yourself or go out. Breakfast in bed is always an easy idea, or take Mom out for lunch or dinner. Or better yet, treat mom, to breakfast, lunch, AND dinner! Harry and David is one of my favorites for fun food such as candy, fruit, popcorn (check out the Moose Munch), and more. Or how about custom ice cream with a personalized message from eCreamery? That is my kind of gift for sure! Of course homemade treats are always a nice idea. Check out my recipe index for some recipe ideas.
2. Candy: Homemade candy is always a nice treat like these Cake Batter Truffles. If cooking isn’t quite your thing, there are plenty of fabulous candy options to buy! How about a chocolate bouquet from Bloombaes? How fun is that?!
3. Alcohol: If mom likes cocktails, I have some great options! How about a wine of the month club? My Cave Box is a wine club created and distributed through a wine market and gourmet restaurant out of California. You can choose a one-time shipment or monthly subscription. Visit Laughing Glass Cocktails for ready to pour, 100% all natural, super premium, low-calorie, margaritas. Be sure to also look at Spoonable Spirits for pudding and jelly shots in cute glass jars in different flavors such as Red Velvet, Spiked Cake, Spicy Grapefruit Margarita, and others. Or make her a fun drink from my long list of cocktails.
4. Activities: If your mom likes to be on the go, check out Things to do for Mother’s Day for some activity ideas. Giving the gift of time is always a great idea.
5. Coffee/Tea: Maybe mom likes to relax with a mug of a good coffee or tea? A coffee subscription is a gift that keeps on giving throughout the year. Caffé Umbria offers gift subscriptions for three, six, or twelve months. How about tea? Check out Sips By and their Sips by Tea Discovery Box. It’s a personalized tea discovery service that curates premium tea selections each month for 3, 6, and 12 month packages. Perfect for tea lovers!
6. Card: You can never go wrong with a thoughtful card! Whether you make a homemade card or buy one, it’s the thought that counts, right? Of course you could always buy one at a local store, but also check out the gorgeous pop up cards from The Gifted Rat including their pink carnation flower pop up card.
7. Jewelry: So many jewelry choices out there for moms for Mother’s Day! Visit Robert Manse Designs for some unique and beautiful jewelry like their “Loving Heart” Diamond Bracelet. Or check out Glamour Jewelry Box for jewelry subscription boxes. Each month she’ll get 3 carefully curated pieces of jewelry. Love that idea!
8. Flowers/Plants: A nice bouquet from a great florist is also nice. If you are looking for flowers that last a long time, check out these Eternal Roses New York by Pret-a-Fleur that last about 3 years and they are gorgeous! If plants are more her thing, take a look at Bloomscape for a variety of low maintenance plant options. Each plants comes with easy-to-follow directions. So even if she doesn’t have a green thumb, she’ll be all set!
9. Homemade Crafts: Are you or the kids crafty? Check out Pinterest for lots of Mother’s Day craft ideas. Or visit local craft stores such as Michaels for some easy kits and ideas.
10. Vacation: If you’re the traveling type, how about taking mom away for the weekend? A weekend at a nice hotel is always a nice treat.
11. Spa/Beauty: Pampering is always nice for mom! Set her up a local spa for a pedicure/manicure, massage, or facial. If she’s more into beauty products at home take a look at Thesis and their line of products including their Chocolatier’s Gift Face Mask, Raspberry Mint Toner and more! How cool is that?!
12. Hobby Related: What does Mom like to do in her free time?
—Cooking: If mom likes to cook or bake there are so many great options out there! Marquette Castings makes beautiful quality cast iron cookware made in the US (Michigan to be exact) including various skillets, griddles, dutch ovens, and more. Visit Great Useful Stuff for some beautiful suede potholders that can also be used as trivets. A new cookbook, fun baking supplies, or even decorative plates can be fun.
—Gardening: I love the idea of these edible berry plants from Bushel and Berry! Ornamental shrubs that mom can plant herself (or you can plant for her). If indoor gardening is more her thing check out Click and Grow and their indoor garden kits. Great way to grow herbs, vegetables, and more inside if she doesn’t have a lot of space outside.
—Reading/writing: How about a beautiful journal for writing? Office Depot and OfficeMax now offer a personalization option on select leather notebooks. Or always lots of great books at your local book stores. Magazine subscriptions are also a great option.
—Pet Lover: If mom has a pet, check out MyPetsies and have her favorite pet made into a custom stuffed animal. So cute! They specialize in all pets, big and small!
—Working Out: How about a new water bottle, workout clothes, or gift certificate for a class at a local gym?
13. Quietness: I know a lot of moms who would just love some quiet time on their own. Set her up with her favorite book, movie, or music and let her enjoy some time on her own.
14. Clean: Whether you clean for your mom or hire a cleaning service, every mom I know would love a clean home! How about some homemade “coupons” for chores around the house? Always a great option!
15. Shopping: Take mom out so she can pick out her own gift! Or check out Lemur Bags! They have some great looking canvas bags that are eco-friendly and socially-conscious (they donate to lemur conservation organizations). Love that!
16. Night Out: How about a night out? Tickets to a movie, concert, or play is always a fun idea.
17. Photos: Photo keepsakes are always a nice gift. Visit Image3D and check out their RetroViewer! You can create your very own photo reel with your own digital photos! How fun is that?! Or take a look at the Family Video & Photo Albums from Playback Video Books. Another great option for photo lovers!
18. Gift Cards: If you’re really stumped what to get, gift cards for her favorite stores, products, or services will work. Sometimes you can even get a gift card to a mall or a group of stores for even more options.
19. Gift Baskets: Can’t decide? Get a beautiful large basket and put a lot of your mom’s favorite things inside. Or if you’re not creative and can’t come up with a basket yourself, buy one online. Check out Les Trois Petits Cochons for a variety of food gift baskets. So easy!
Would love to hear what you have planned for Mother’s Day! Let me know in the comments below!
In full disclosure, some of the items above I have not tried personally. Please do your due diligence and check reviews and do research on the companies and products before purchasing. This post is not sponsored, and I did not receive any of these products to include in this post.