Mint Graham Cracker Toffee, also known as Mint Crack Bars because they are so deliciously addictive! Chocolate graham crackers covered with a quick homemade toffee and chocolate mint candies. Perfect for Christmas and the holidays!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
You won’t believe how easy these Mint Graham Cracker Bars come together with only 4 ingredients. My other “crack bar” recipes have been so popular I thought I’d add a mint version to the list. Be sure to check out the other ones including my first Chocolate and Peanut Butter Crack Bars, Coconut Crack Bars, and Butterscotch Apple Toffee Bars.
What is Graham Cracker Toffee?
Don’t worry, there is no CRACK in these bars. They go by a lot of different names including Christmas crack toffee, toffee bars, graham cracker toffee, saltine cracker toffee, saltine toffee bark, and so many other names.
They’re all basically the same. A layer of graham crackers, saltine crackers, or other crackers on the bottom. Then a layer of homemade toffee and some kind of chocolate on top.
Lots of different variations with different types of crackers as a base, as well as toppings!
How to Make Mint Graham Crackers Toffee
(Full printable recipe is at bottom of this post.)
Start off by preheating your oven. Next line a 9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil. If you want to make a bigger batch, you could easily use a larger pan.
Spray your aluminum foil with nonstick spray. This makes it easier to remove the bars once they’re done. Or you could also try using a nonstick foil.
Make the toffee layer by boiling the butter and brown sugar together in a small saucepan.
While your butter and sugar are starting to boil, place the chocolate graham crackers in a single layer on the bottom of the pan. You may need to break the crackers as needed to fit in the pan.
Don’t worry if the crackers aren’t perfect. The toffee and chocolate will help them stick together into one big piece.
Bake the cracker and toffee for a few minutes just to help the toffee soak into the crackers and set.
Next, unwrap your candy and place in a single layer over the crackers. Place back in the oven just for a minute or two until the chocolate starts to melt. Spread the candy in an even layer.
Cool slightly, then place the candy in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set. Remove from the pan, and cut or break into small pieces.
You should be able to find chocolate graham crackers at most stores or online, but you could also use regular graham crackers, saltines, or whatever you’d like instead of the chocolate graham crackers.
For a fun twist, instead of Andes mints, you could try using your favorite chocolate baking chips or candy. Be sure if you’re using candy, that it’s cut into small pieces if necessary so that it can easily be spread into a thin layer.
If you’re in a hurry, you could also place the Mint Graham Cracker Toffee in the freezer to expedite the cooling.
Quick video to show you how quick these Mint Crack Bars come together…
If you like chocolate and mint, be sure to also check out my Mint Brownies!
Mint Graham Cracker Toffee
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a 9x9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- Place crackers in single layer of pan to cover the whole bottom. Break the crackers as necessary to fit.
- Spread brown sugar on the bottom of a small saucepan. Cut butter into pieces and place on top of brown sugar. Place pan on top of medium-high heat and without stirring bring to a boil. Let boil about 2-4 minutes or until smooth and brown in color.
- Pour toffee mixture (sugar and butter) over graham crackers and spread evenly with an offset spatula. Bake for about 5 minutes at 425 degrees F to set.
- Place mint candy in even layer on top of graham crackers. Place back in oven for about 2 minutes or until candy starts to melt. Remove from oven and spread candy evenly over crackers.
- Place in refrigerator for about an hour or until chocolate sets. Break or cut into pieces.