Korean BBQ Pork Sandwich, a delicious pulled pork sandwich with Asian Slaw and Korean BBQ sauce. A delicious sandwich that is great for dinner or parties!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
I recently had some of my Korean BBQ Sauce, Instant Pot Pulled Pork, and Asian Slaw leftover so decided to put them all together for this delicious Korean BBQ Pork Sandwich. No, this is probably not an authentic Korean or Asian dish by any means, but it’s quite tasty!
So this isn’t an exact science type recipe. As I mentioned, I just threw some leftovers together for this sandwich. Therefore, the exact measurements are kind of at your discretion. For convenience though, I’ve added the ingredients and directions for the pulled pork, BBQ sauce, and slaw in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Korean BBQ Pork Sandwich Ingredients
How to Make Korean BBQ Pork Sandwich
- Make the pulled pork in the Instant Pot.
- While pork is cooking, make the Korean BBQ Sauce and Asian Slaw.
- When pork is done, use 2 forks to pull it then mix with BBQ sauce.
- Make sandwiches by layering pork and slaw on top of rolls/baguette.
(Full printable recipe card is at bottom of post.)
Quick Tips for Best Results
- Make the pork and sauce ahead of time to save some time. The slaw can also be made ahead but does get softer (rather than crispy…) the longer it’s in the refrigerator.
- Use a crusty baguette or roll and lightly toast. Although you really can use any type of bread or even lettuce leaves for a lower carb option.
- Serve the sandwiches right away for best results.
Korean BBQ Pork Sandwich FAQ
How should I store these Korean BBQ Pork Sandwiches?
I would suggest eating these sandwiches right away. You can make the different parts (pulled pork, BBQ sauce, and slaw) ahead of time and assemble before eating.
Can I freeze the sandwiches?
Again, I would suggest eating these sandwiches right away. You could freeze the pork and BBQ sauce ahead of time.
Are there any substitutions I could do?
Instead of pork, you could use any type of cooked meat or even vegetables for a vegetarian option. You could also use store-bought precooked meat, BBQ sauce, and slaw.
What should I serve these sandwiches with?
The sandwiches are kind of meal in themselves but you could serve with chips, fruit salad, Asian salad, or even more slaw on the side.
I don’t have an Instant Pot, what should I do?
You can make the pulled pork in a slow cooker the same way but set on low for 6-8 hours.
Other Asian Inspired Recipes You May Enjoy
- Homemade Teriyaki Sauce – A great alternative to this Korean BBQ sauce, and an easy homemade sauce.
- General Tso’s Slow Cooked Pork Tacos – Not an authentic Asian dish, but a fun Asian and Mexican fusion dinner!
- Cooked Ramen Noodle Salad with Kimchi – A delicious looking salad with ramen noodles.
- Sweet & Spicy Asian Fried Chicken – Can’t beat fried chicken!
Hope you enjoy this tasty Korean BBQ Pork Sandwich recipe! Tell me in the comments how you changed it up!
Shop the Post:
Korean BBQ Pork Sandwich
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (2.5 pounds) package pork tenderloin
- Optional seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder)
Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup Asian pear peeled, cored, & chopped (about 1)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (or could use light)
- 1 Tablespoon garlic chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste (or fresh minced peeled ginger)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) bag cole slaw mix (cabbage & carrot)
- 1 Asian pear peeled, cored, and cut into long thin strips
- 2 green onions thinly sliced (white & green parts)
- 4 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 rolls or pieces of baguette split and lightly toasted
- MAKE PULLED PORK. Pour beef broth into the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Add the pork tenderloins to the bottom of the Instant Pot over the broth to form a single layer of pork as best you can. Sprinkle desired seasonings on top of pork such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Close Instant Pot. Select manual setting for high pressure for 40 minutes.
- When 40 minutes is done, let Instant Pot naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. Then carefully manually release pressure until done.
- Remove lid from Instant Pot. Using tongs or a large slotted spoon, remove pork and place on cutting board. Using two forks, shred pork as desired.
- MAKE KOREAN BBQ SAUCE. While pork is cooking, make the sauce by placing all sauce ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Pour sauce into a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce to simmer. Simmer about 5 minutes.
- MAKE ASIAN SLAW. While pork is cooking, you can also make the slaw. In a large mixing bowl, gently mix together the coleslaw mix, pear, and green onion. In a separate small bowl make the slaw dressing by whisking together the vinegar, oil, sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, and garlic powder until well combined. Drizzle dressing over coleslaw mix and toss gently to combine.
- MAKE SANDWICHES. Mix desired amount of Korean BBQ sauce with pulled pork in large mixing bowl. Place on top of bottom part of toasted bread/rolls then top with Asian Slaw and top part of bread/roll. Serve immediately.