15+ Easy Homemade Gourmet Cookies to choose from that you can make at home. These original homemade cookie recipes are perfect for the holidays, Christmas cookie exchanges and platters, wedding favors, gifts, and just everyday occasions.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
I love cookie recipes, don’t you? I put together a list of 15+ of my favorite easy gourmet cookies to make at home! Want more cookies? Check out all my other cookie recipes for even more creative and delicious cookie ideas.
There’s quite a range of assorted gourmet cookies for you to choose from below. Perfect for Christmas and holidays, wedding favors, gifts, or just take a platter of homemade cookies and deliver to your friends and family. Can’t beat a fresh plate of cookies as a gift, right?
Also some great options for bake sales and fundraisers. You can plate them nicely on a fancy plate or platter or individually wrapped would be a nice touch. Or place them in nice baskets and wrap for a really fancy touch.
To get started on cookie baking, be sure to check out my tips and tricks n my post how to bake cookies. I listed out a lot of great tips for the best results.
A few equipment suggestions for baking cookies…
- Silicone Mats – Not only makes clean up a breeze, but cookies also don’t stick to the pan when on silicone mats so you get delicious cookies every time. Parchment paper is also a nice alternative.
- Cookie Dough Scooper – I like to have scoops of various sizes for small to jumbo cookies.
- Cookie Sheets – Good quality cookie sheet pans can make a big difference. If you have cheap old pans they can have hot spots and warp in your oven.
- Spatula – A large sturdy spatula for lifting the cookies off the pan will come in handy.
- Oven Thermometer – If your cookies aren’t baking evenly check your oven with an inexpensive oven thermometer to make sure your oven doesn’t have hot spots and is the temperature it should be.
And now how about some cookies!
1. Cannoli Cookies – By far the most popular cookie recipe on Snappy Gourmet and #1 on Google! These Italian inspired cookies are a gourmet chocolate chip cookie with ricotta cheese, mini chocolate chips, pistachios, cinnamon, vanilla, and a little orange zest. Do they taste like cannoli? Not exactly. Nothing tastes exactly like cannoli except cannoli, BUT they are delicious and have all the same fun flavors. Definitely a family and reader favorite!
2. Mudslide Cookies – These cookies are one of my favorites! They are fudgy chocolate brownie-like cookies and inspired by the popular Mudslide drink. Perfect for adults, or you can also make the kid-friendly version.
3. Mojito Cookies – Another fun cookie inspired by a popular drink. No, they don’t taste exactly like a mojito but have all the same fun flavors. Perfect for anyone dreaming of warm weather or a tropical vacation.
4. Strawberry Daiquiri Cookies – Full of strawberry flavor! Another simple twist on a popular drink. Perfect cookie for any time of the year.
5. Cannoli Magic Bars – I took the classic magic bar cookie and gave it a simple gourmet spin with all the cannoli flavors. Cut the bars in any shape you’d like such as typical bars, mini squares, triangles, or even diamond. Here’s the original classic version.
6. Italian Sprinkle Cookies – An Italian classic cookie dipped in a simple sugar glaze and topped with colorful sprinkles. You can adjust the flavor of these cookies with your favorite flavors and extracts such as lemon, almond, orange, or even anise. Check out the Italian Lemon Cookies and Italian Anise Cookies versions.
7. White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies – A step up from your usual chocolate chip cookies. This version has white chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and a little orange zest that puts them over the top. Perfect holiday cookie with all that cranberry flavor.
8. Kitchen Sink Cookies – These jumbo-sized cookies are a copycat version from Panera. Their jumbo size and all the mix-ins (loads of chocolate, pretzels, and caramel) definitely put them in the gourmet category in my opinion. Don’t worry though, you can make them in any size you’d like.
9. Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies – Another easy twist on the chocolate chip cookie. Instead of chocolate chips, these cookies have chopped up Mexican chocolate and a little cinnamon. You can also add some almonds or even a little spice like ancho chile pepper or cayenne. These Mexican Hot Chocolate Sandwich Cookies are also another great version.
10. Tiramisu Cookies – Inspired by the popular Italian dessert, these little cookies are perfect make-ahead cookies and freeze well!
11. Banana Oatmeal Cookies – Loaded with chocolate chips and walnuts, these easy drop cookies are a favorite with the kids. There’s also these Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Cookies if you’re more of a chocoholic.
12. Buckeye Thumbprints – You’ve probably seen the typical jam-filled thumbprint cookies but this version is full of chocolate and peanut butter. Delicious!
13. S’mores Bars – No campfire needed for these easy bar cookies that are full of graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallow fluff.
14. Elvis Inspired Cookie Cups – Based on Elvis’s famous sandwich of peanut butter, banana, and bacon, these cookie cups have all the same flavors. Yes, bacon!
15. Chocolate Turtle Cookies – Another gourmet drop chip cookie these turtle cookies are full of chocolate, caramel, and nuts. Easy!