Easy S’mores Bars Cookie recipe, the best potluck dessert full of chocolate, marshmallow, and graham crackers. A fun s’more cookie for a summer party!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Easy S’mores Bars, the best summer potluck cookie recipe! Loads of graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallow all in one cookie and no fire pit needed!
Do you like s’mores? I love them, but not always convenient to have a fire when you’re in the mood for one. These Easy S’mores Bars will help with those s’mores cravings. I made them late at night so unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures while I was going along, but they’re easy to make I swear!
Yes, I know there are many s’more bar recipes out there. The ones I have seen are all made in small pans. A small pan is not going to cut it. I made these in a 13×9-inch pan and trust me, go with the 13×9 inch pan version! These s’more cookies will go FAST! If you want to spruce these cookies up a bit you could add all sorts of things like nuts, peanut butter, bananas, toffee bits, coconut, etc.
Some recipes call for the king size chocolate bars, but I used regular sized chocolate bars. Unfortunately, you do need quite a few to fill a 13×9-inch pan (like 9 chocolate bars…) so look for a multi-pack in the candy section of your grocery store.
You could also just use chocolate chips if you want or melt the chocolate chips, spread on wax paper, cool until hard, and use that instead of the chocolate bars. If you do just use chocolate chips, it may take some extra effort spreading the marshmallow fluff on top since you won’t have a flat surface like the bars. Hope you enjoy these Easy S’mores Bars as much as we do!
Hope you enjoy!
Easy S'mores Bars Cookie Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 9 regular size chocolate bars (such as Hershey's)
- 16 ounce tub marshmallow fluff
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking dish with shortening or nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together butter and sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Mix in egg and vanilla until well combined then flour mixture.
- Spread half of cookie batter on bottom of baking dish using your fingers or back of a fork. Top with chocolate bars in a single layer. Break chocolate bars as needed to cover cookie dough. Spread marshmallow fluff on top of chocolate. Take remaining cookie dough in small amounts and flatten in hand then place on top of marshmallow fluff covering as much of the marshmallow as possible.
- Bake cookie bars for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
SNAPPY TIPS: The top layer of cookie dough can take a little practice. Be sure to flatten in your hands rather than trying to spread the dough over the marshmallow. You can also flatten the dough on a piece of parchment paper or wax paper into the size of your pan then flip over on top of that marshmallow and chocolate layer.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Instead of regular size chocolate bars, you can use the king size bars or chocolate chips. Do NOT substitute marshmallows for the fluff. Marshmallows will melt in the oven and the cookie bars will not turn out well.
Other S’mores recipes you may enjoy: