Chocolate Peanut Butter Explosion Cookies, an easy Make It Yours™ cookie recipe with Country Crock®, loaded with chocolate and peanut butter that is perfect for the holidays!
This post is sponsored by Country Crock®. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting brands I love so I can keep bringing you more fabulous recipes! (For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Ohhh, you know how I love cookies! One of my favorite things about the holiday season is making cookies, and cookies, and MORE cookies! So this holiday season will be no exception. I’m so excited to be teaming up with Country Crock® this holiday season! Country Crock® Make It Yours™ cookie recipe is so easy to make AND easy to adapt by adding your own favorite mix-ins that are perfect for your family!
I love that this cookie dough makes soft cookies that STAY soft! I’m a big fan of soft cookies, aren’t you? To make the cookie dough you start with the Country Country Crock® base recipe that includes basic cookie dough ingredients including brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, AND Country Crock®. I was really amazed how soft the cookies stayed days after I made them, which my kids loved!
You can easily change up this recipe by adding your favorite mix-ins to the dough. The Country Crock® Make it Yours™ Cookie Recipe makes the perfect base cookie dough and you can easily customize with 1-2 cups of your favorite mix-ins.
One easy recipe, all the cookies you can dream up! Any kind of chocolate chips, crushed candy, chopped nuts, dried fruits, different extracts, are just some quick ideas to make this recipe your own. Any kind of chocolate or baking chips would be great! If you have leftover Halloween candy, that would also be great!
Since I LOVE chocolate and peanut butter (ummm how could you not, right?), I decided to add chopped mini chocolate peanut butter cups, chopped salted peanuts, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Dark chocolate chips and/or peanut butter chips would also be great.
The cookie dough is perfectly chunky and full of chocolate and peanut butter! I decided to make rather large cookies so I dropped about 2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie onto a cookie sheet. Be sure to leave plenty of room between the cookies because the dough does spread.
Ice cream scoops are great for making cookies! One of my favorite tips for making cookies that are all about the same size and shape. You can really make the cookies any size, but just be sure to adjust the baking time. These cookies would be adorable as little mini cookies!
You don’t need to grease the pan for these cookies, but I do like to bake my cookies on parchment paper for easy removal and cleanup. You’ll know the cookies are done when the edges start to turn golden brown.
Instead of mixing in all the mix-ins into the dough you can save some and push the saved mix-ins into the top of the cookie dough right before baking so when the cookies come out of the oven you can see all the mix-ins a little better. Just a little fun tip!
To kick these Chocolate Peanut Butter Explosion Cookies up another notch, I decided to drizzle some chocolate and peanut butter on top of the cooled cookies. Oh yes I did!
Before you drizzle the chocolate and peanut butter on top, I’d suggest placing the cookies on parchment paper or wax paper for easy cleanup. Just add a little cream to the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and microwave until smooth.
I like to use a fork to drizzle over the cookies. Drizzling the chocolate and peanut butter is a great step for the kids to do but be sure they are wearing old clothes or an apron. Lesson learned. Pop the cookies in the fridge for a few minutes for the drizzle to set or let the cookies sit on the counter for a while.
Hope you enjoy these easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Explosion Cookies! I have a big stash I’m saving in the freezer to give as gifts if they last that long!
I’d love to hear if you make the cookies and what mix-ins you use! You can join the conversation online using the #MakeItYours on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest. Be sure to visit CountryCrock.com for more recipes!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Explosion Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup chopped mini chocolate peanut butter cups
- 2/3 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix Country Crock<sup>®</sup> Spread, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla in large bowl until well mixed. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda until combined. (Dough will be soft and creamy.)
- Mix in chopped peanut butter cups, peanuts, and 2/3 cup chocolate chips into cookie dough until just combined.
- Drop dough, about 2 tablespoons for each cookie, on ungreased (or parchment paper lined) baking sheets leaving about 3-inches between cookies.
- Bake cookies at 375 degrees F for about 10-14 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool slightly, then move to wire rack to cool completely.
- Place remaining 1/3 cup chocolate chips and peanut butter chips in separate small microwave safe bowls. Add 1/4 of cream to each bowl. Microwave each bowl for 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth. Drizzle both sauces with a fork over cookies. Let cool for drizzle to set or refrigerate for a few minutes to set.
More cookie recipes you may enjoy:
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Chip Cookies – Smart School House
- 100 Layer Chocolate Chocolate Cookies – I am Baker
- Confetti Cake Cookies – Confessions of a Cookbook Queen