Creamy Chipotle Shrimp Crostini, an easy appetizer recipe with Saucy Mama Santa Fe Creamy Chipotle Dressing that is the perfect party dish.
Creamy Chipotle Shrimp Crostini, an easy homemade appetizer recipe and not very many ingredients! If you didn’t check out yesterday’s post, I explained how I’m entering the Saucy Mama’s Fab with Five Recipe Challenge this week. They sent 6 of their products, and although the contest was to come up with just one recipe using one of their products and having 5 ingredients or less (not including oil and salt/pepper), I decided to come up 5 recipes coming to you this week.
The first recipe up is Creamy Chipotle Shrimp Crostini using Saucy Mama Santa Fe Creamy Chipotle Dressing. The dressing is not overly spicy but has a nice chipotle flavor and creamy texture. It would be great as a salad dressing, drizzled over meat as a sauce, mixed into some scrambled eggs, and all sorts of other things!
These Creamy Chipotle Shrimp Crostini are easy to make and a great appetizer, although my family liked them for a main dish! My kids even gobbled these right up!
Stay tuned for recipe #2 tomorrow!
Creamy Chipotle Shrimp Crostini
- 32 thin baguette slices (about 1 long baguette)
- Olive oil
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup SAUCY MAMA Santa Fe Creamy Chipotle Dressing divided
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped; divided
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 32 precooked large shrimp (about 1 lb.), deveined & shell removed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly brush both sides of baguette slices with oil. Arrange on baking sheet in single layer. Cook about 5-6 minutes on each side, or until toasted and golden brown. Cool.
- Meanwhile, mix together cream cheese, 1/2 cup chipotle dressing, 1/4 cup cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread cream cheese/chipotle spread over baguette slices then top each with a shrimp. Drizzle remaining chipotle dressing on top and garnish with remaining cilantro.
(Nutrition data is provided when available for informational purposes only and calculated using an online nutritional calculator. For the most accurate information please calculate based on specific ingredients and brands you use as well as any changes you made to the recipe. I am not a certified nutritionist or registered dietician and any nutritional information provided should only be used as a general guideline and estimate.)