Champagne Chicken & Mushroom Pasta, the best New Year’s eve or special occasion dinner recipe with chicken, champagne, mushrooms, and pasta!
Champagne Chicken & Mushroom Pasta recipe, an easy dinner great for New Year’s Eve or anytime of year for a special night! My Champagne Chicken & Mushroom Pasta recipe was inspired by some leftover champagne in the fridge during the holidays, I knew I couldn’t let a good thing go to waste! So next thing I knew, I was creating a champagne dinner recipe! If you want more pasta ideas, check out my Mediterranean Feta & Shrimp Pasta and Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Casserole, both delicious!
This Champagne Chicken & Mushroom Pasta recipe would also make a great New Year’s Eve dinner recipe or New Year’s Day recipe! The “creamy” pasta recipe gets its creaminess from cream cheese rather than the usual heavy cream for a lighter version. You can even use reduced fat cream cheese which is actually what I used. If you don’t have any extra champagne around, you can use white wine or use extra chicken broth.
This chicken pasta recipe is quick and easy for a weeknight dinner, yet gourmet enough for a special occasion dinner or holiday!
To expedite the cooking process, I cut the chicken breasts in half and pounded them with a meat mallet to make them a little thinner. You can leave the chicken whole, but increase the cooking time by a few minutes per side.
There are lots of mushrooms in this recipe but if you don’t like mushrooms you can substitute onions or any vegetables you have on hand.
The cream cheese takes a little while to whisk in and may seem clumpy for a minute but as it heats up it will melt and become smooth.
Make sure you use a big skillet so you can mix everything together in one pan and not have to dirty another pan or bowl.
And why not serve the Champagne Chicken and Mushroom Pasta with a glass of champagne?! Hope you had a wonderful New Year’s!
Cheers to a great year!
Champagne Chicken & Mushroom Pasta
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta (or any kind of pasta)
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 16 ounces mushrooms (such as button or crimini), sliced
- 1 cup champagne (or white wine)
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese (regular or reduced fat); cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken in half and pound to about 1/2-inch thickness. (Or you can leave chicken whole, but increase cooking time by a few minutes per side.) Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place a large skillet with deep sides over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to pan to cover bottom of pan. Cook chicken (in batches if necessary) about 3-4 minutes per side, or until nearly cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Place skillet back over medium-high heat. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook about 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms start to soften. Add champagne and cook about 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Add chicken back to pan, as well as chicken broth and cream cheese and whisk until cream cheese has melted. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook about 3-5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in pasta.
- Divide pasta among serving dishes, top with chicken, and garnish with basil.
(Nutrition data is provided when available for informational purposes only and calculated using an online nutritional calculator. For the most accurate information please calculate based on specific ingredients and brands you use as well as any changes you made to the recipe. I am not a certified nutritionist or registered dietician and any nutritional information provided should only be used as a general guideline and estimate.)