Mediterranean Feta & Shrimp Pasta Recipe, an easy pasta dinner with shrimp, asparagus, tomatoes, pasta, and feta cheese.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
This Mediterranean Feta & Shrimp Pasta recipe is snappy enough to make for any night of the week and it is delicious! It’s loaded with shrimp, tomatoes, feta, fresh asparagus, pasta, and fresh parsley or basil! Lots of variation possibilities too! Plus, I’m happy to announce that I have another giveaway for you all so be sure to enter!
To start, get your water boiling for your pasta. I used angel hair pasta but you could use any kind of pasta, including whole wheat. The sauce would also be great over spaghetti squash if you want a lower carb option. Next cut your asparagus in half or thirds and roast in the oven until just tender. You could boil or microwave your asparagus if you prefer not to heat your oven, but I LOVE roasted asparagus and think it works great in this dish!
While the asparagus is cooking, start making your sauce. When your sauce is just about done, THEN cook your pasta just until it’s al dente. Drain your pasta then let it cook a little more in the sauce in the pan. Mix in your herbs, and you’re done!
I like to use flat left parsley in this dish, but didn’t happen to have any on hand so used a little fresh basil instead.
You can definitely change some of the ingredients in the Mediterranean Feta & Shrimp Pasta recipe such as baby peas, mushrooms, and/or onions for the asparagus. You can omit the wine or substitute broth (such as chicken broth or seafood stock). You could even substitute cooked chicken for the shrimp or make this a vegetarian meal and omit the meat all together. The feta cheese makes the sauce creamy but not too heavy. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy!
Mediterranean Feta & Shrimp Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 bunch (about 1 lb.) of fresh asparagus, ends cut off then cut in half or thirds if long
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes (don't drain)
- 1/2 cup wine (optional)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled & deveined
- salt/pepper to taste
- 8 ounces dry pasta such as angel hair
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- Garnish (optional): crumbled feta cheese and chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil on the stovetop.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil on a large baking sheet. Toss asparagus in baking sheet with oil then spread to single layer. Bake about 15-20 minutes or until soft.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add garlic, cook about 1 minute. Add can of tomatoes (including liquid), and wine. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sauce is slightly reduced. Add feta cheese and cook another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is just about melted. Add shrimp and cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until shrimp is cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When sauce is just about done, cook your pasta. Drain pasta and stir into sauce along with your asparagus and fresh parsley.
Other pasta dishes I thought you would enjoy: