Cannoli Pancakes, easy homemade pancakes full of chocolate chips, ricotta, orange, and cinnamon! These delicious pancakes from scratch are so easy to make and perfect for Mother’s Day, brunch or breakfast, or even National Pancake Day!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Check out these fun Cannoli Pancakes! You know how much I love cannoli recipes so happy to add these easy homemade pancakes to the list. These chocolate chip pancakes from scratch are also full of yummy cannoli flavors like ricotta, orange, and cinnamon. Delicious!
If you’re looking for an easy pancake recipe, you’ll love this fun one! My French Canadian Crepes are also a popular option and a bit different than your standard French crepes. Or for a lower carb option, Almond Flour Pancakes are a good option too.
There are other Cannoli Pancake recipes out there including some stuffed options or pancakes layered with cannoli cream. Both great options! I just thought I’d go for an easy alternative and put the cannoli flavors IN the pancakes. So these are basically chocolate chip pancakes kicked up a notch.
How to Make Cannoli Pancakes
- Mix all the dry ingredients including the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients including ricotta cheese, milk, eggs, orange zest, and vanilla in another bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients then add wet ingredients to well and mix until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Melt butter in a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat. Spoon about 1/2 cup batter onto the pan and cook about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Top with your favorite pancake toppings!
(Scroll down for full detailed recipe card and print option.)
Yes, I know cannoli is different to different people. Some people don’t like the orange, some people like pistachios, some people like almond extract, etc. You can easily change up the “mix-ins” to your personal liking.
Almond extract or Fiori di Sicilia would be good alternatives to the vanilla extract.
You should be able to find ricotta cheese at any local grocery store in the dairy section. Be sure to drain off any liquid before using. You could drain it overnight in cheesecloth for a thicker cheese, but not necessary for these in my opinion.
Top these yummy Cannoli Pancakes with your favorite pancake toppings!
Pancake Topping Ideas
- Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Sauce
- Whipped Cream
- Orange Zest
- Chopped Pistachios
- Powdered Sugar
- Cannoli Filling (Check out my cannoli dip which would be great on top or between stacked pancakes!)
These pancakes are great for Mother’s Day, any brunch or special breakfast, dessert, or even National Pancake Day! Light and fluffy!
National Pancake Day
National Pancake Day is generally celebrated September 26th, but can also be celebrated on Fat Tuesday (day before Lent starts) which changes every year. So if you’re looking for pancake specials at IHOP, check out what day they’re celebrating (generally February or March).
Hope you enjoy these fun Cannoli Pancakes from scratch!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese drained
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (or combination of chocolate chips and pistachios)
- Butter for pan
Toppings: (optional) powdered sugar, whipped cream, maple syrup, chocolate sauce, cannoli cream, cherries
- Whisk together dry ingredients including flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the ricotta cheese, milk, eggs, orange zest, and vanilla until well combined.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour in wet ingredients into well then whisk until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Melt some butter in large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Spoon about 1/2 cup batter (or 1/4 cup or less for smaller pancakes). Cook about 2-4 minutes per side or until bubbly on top and golden brown underneath, flip pancakes and cook an additional 2-4 minutes or until golden brown underneath and cooked through. (Reduce cooking time if making smaller pancakes.)
- Top pancakes with your favorite toppings.