Nutella Crunch Cheesecakes are made in your slow cooker with nutella, Oreos, hazelnuts, chocolate chips, and cream cheese. An easy dessert recipe!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Slow Cooker Nutella Crunch Cheesecakes an easy homemade nutella and chocolate cheesecake made in individual mason jars in your crockpot! Oh Nutella, how I love you! And I’m guessing by the amount of Nutella recipes there are on the internet a lot of you are fans too! I’m also guessing after seeing the popularity of my Mini Buckeye Cheesecakes (chocolate and peanut butter, yum!) that a lot of you like cheesecake!
Today’s recipe, Nutella Crunch Cheesecakes are super easy to make, (ummm I mean “snappy”) and you can make them in your crockpot (double “snappy”)! The only bad thing about cheesecake is that it tastes better the next day, but if you can’t wait to dive in, don’t worry, I won’t tell!!! While you’re waiting for the cheesecake to chill, check out my two current GIVEAWAYS if you haven’t already.
These Nutella Crunch Cheesecakes only take a few hours to make, but for best results you should probably refrigerate them overnight. Unfortunately, that’s just the way it is with cheesecake. You don’t have to refrigerate them overnight but they definitely do taste better in my opinion the next day.
I baked these cheesecakes in (8oz.) canning jars in my slowcooker. I was able to fit 6 jars in my slow cooker. Any size canning jar would probably work but you’ll have to adjust the recipe. You could also use ramekins, small bowls, or any thing else that will fit in your slow cooker. Whatever you use, be sure it is safe to cook in under long heat. If you don’t have a slow cooker, you could probably bake these in a water bath in your oven.
The cheesecake batter only has 4 ingredients… cream cheese, Nutella, eggs, and vanilla! I thought there was enough sugar in the Nutella to make these cheesecakes sweet enough, so I did not add any extra sugar. Make sure your cream cheese is softened to room temperature so that you don’t get lumps when you mix everything together.
The “crunch” part of these Nutella Crunch Cheesecakes is made-up of mini chocolate chips, crushed up Oreo cookies (I took out the centers, and only used the chocolate cookie part), and chopped hazelnuts. You could use any combination of the three or add your own “crunch” such as crushed graham cracker crumbs, chopped candy, etc.
I didn’t spray my jars with nonstick spray, but you can if you want. I put a layer of the “crumb” mixture on the bottom of the jars, then topped with half the cheesecake mixture, then more crumbs, then one more layer of cheesecake. Put some water in the bottom of your slow cooker (about 1/2-inch), then add your jars.
If you’re using smaller containers, you don’t want the water too high up on the sides of the containers or it may splash into your cheesecakes. You don’t need to cover the cheesecakes, but cover the slow cooker with the lid.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you do not fill your jars (or anything else you use) more than 2/3 to 3/4 full otherwise the batter may overflow while baking. Been there, done that, it’s not pretty…. :)
If you’re following my recipe exactly, the cheesecakes will take about 1 1/2-2 hours on high in your slow cooker. However, if you’re using a different size baking container or if you’re baking these cheesecakes in the oven, your time is going to be different. After they were done, I unplugged my slow cooker and let the cheesecakes sit in the slow cooker for another hour so that they could slowly cool. I then covered the cheesecakes, and placed them in the fridge overnight.
Once they’ve been refrigerated, garnish as desired. I topped mine with a little whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and a little extra “crunch” (mini chocolate chips, chopped Oreos, and chopped hazelnuts) . These are quite decadent so you could easily get 2+ servings out of one of these. To lighten these up, you can also substitute low-fat cream cheese and reduce the “crunch”.
Hope you enjoy!
(Slow Cooker) Nutella Crunch Cheesecakes
- 1/2 cup crushed Oreo cookies (chocolate part only)
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened (regular or reduced fat)
- 2/3 cup Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream or whipped topping, mini chocolate chips, crushed Oreo cookies, chopped hazelnuts, and/or chocolate syrup
- In a small bowl combine the crushed cookies, hazelnuts, and chocolate chips, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, Nutella, eggs, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined.
- Spoon half of the crunch mixture on the bottom of 6 (8oz.) glass canning jars. Top with half of the cheesecake batter, then remaining crunch mixture, then remaining cheesecake batter. Make sure the jars are not more than 2/3 to 3/4 full to prevent batter from overflowing while baking.
- Fill bottom of slow cooker with about 1/2-inch of water. Place filled jars into slow cooker. Cover slow cooker and cook on high for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Turn slow cooker off and let cool about an hour. Cover cheesecakes and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, garnish as desired with whipped cream/topping, mini chocolate chips, cookies, hazelnuts, and/or chocolate syrup.
SNAPPY TIPS: You may have to alter this recipe to fit your slow cooker. Do not fill the jars more than 2/3 to 3/4 full to prevent batter from overflowing. You can also bake the cheesecakes in a water bath in the oven.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Instead of canning jars, you can use ramekins, mugs, bowls, etc. or anything heat-proof. Use any combination of cookies, nuts, and/or chocolate chips for the "crunch" layer.
Other Nutella recipes I thought you may enjoy: