Raspberry Chocolate – Chocolate Chip Mug Brownie Cakes, an easy homemade mug cake.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Raspberry Chocolate – Chocolate Chip Mug Brownie Cakes, an easy homemade mug cake. Happy Valentine’s Day! Ok, so I’m a week early but I couldn’t resist making a cute little treat for the family ahead of time. These mug brownie cakes come together quick and are so adorable! I’m not a big fan of Valentine’s Day but how can you resist a cute, fun, and easy Valentine’s dessert for the family?! You can vary the flavors and make them all your own (see my tips/suggestions at the end of the recipe).
Is it a cake or is it a brownie? Who cares, it’s the best of both worlds and yummy!!! When you spoon the batter into the mugs it should be about 1/2 to 2/3 or so up the side. These will rise, so make sure they have enough room.
Every mug is a little different so be sure to keep an eye on them in the oven so that you don’t overbake them.
I let the kids decorate their own mug cakes after MUCH begging on their part. They had a great time and it kept them busy for a few minutes so I can’t complain. When they were done decorating, I didn’t have the heart to tell them the straws were just for “garnish”. They didn’t seem to care.
Although the recipe only makes 4 you can double it for more. Although these are good size desserts and should probably be shared with your favorite Valentine!
So many decorating options for these cute mug cakes such as chocolate chips, raspberries, straws, or even sprinkles. You could also make a cute little sign out of paper, attach it to a straw or a popsicle/candy stick and stick it in the cake.
Raspberry Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Mug Brownie Cakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray 4 oven-proof mugs with nonstick cooking spray and place on a large baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together 1/2 cup butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg until well combined then beat in 1 tablespoon raspberry extract.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Alternate beating flour mixture and milk into butter/sugar mixture until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into bottom of mugs. Batter should go about 1/2 to 2/3 up the sides of the mugs.
- Bake cakes for about 25-35 (will vary depending on size of mug) or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. Cool completely.
- For frosting beat together cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter until well combined. Beat in raspberry extract then powdered sugar. Fold in whipped topping and red food coloring until combined. Store in refrigerator until ready to frost cakes.
- To assemble, pipe or spoon frosting onto cakes and garnish as desired with straws, raspberries, chocolate chips, and/or sprinkles.
Other mug cake recipes you might enjoy:
Quick Easy Mug Cake Recipes – The Best Dessert Recipes