Mini Grilled Strawberry Shortcake Skewers are a quick and easy summer no-bake dessert! Quick recipe that is a great party dish!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
This Mini Grilled Strawberry Shortcake Skewers recipe is the perfect summer or warm weather no-bake dessert! They are super easy to make, thanks to Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake. You don’t even need to turn your oven on! How great is that? You can easily prep the Strawberry Shortcake Skewers ahead of time and then just throw them on the grill when you’re ready to eat. Perfect. You’re going to want to PIN this one.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Sara Lee. Products and compensation were provided. All opinions are my own.
Don’t you just love no-bake desserts and meals when it’s hot outside? It’s starting to get warm here and I couldn’t be more excited since it was such a long winter.
With Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and lots of summer BBQs around the corner, these Mini Grilled Strawberry Shortcake Skewers are the perfect dessert for a party, potluck or even a casual family dinner.
You can prep these skewers in about 10 minutes. No baking needed for these Mini Grilled Strawberry Shortcake Skewers thanks to Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake. They did all the baking for you. I LOVE how much time that saves not having to bake a cake! Let’s make some Mini Grilled Strawberry Shortcake Skewers…
To start, slice the (thawed) cake into 8 slices, then each slice into 8 cubes.
Meanwhile, place some wooden skewers into a small bowl of water for about 5-10 minutes. I like to be on the safe side and not start a fire on my grill with dry wood. :)
Skewer the strawberries and cubes of cakes and preheat your grill to medium-low. Grill the strawberry shortcake skewers for about 1-2 minutes per side or until the cakes is toasted and golden brown. Serve with some whipped topping or sweetened whipped cream for dipping.
How fun and easy is this recipe??!! Mini Grilled Strawberry Shortcake Skewers in no time!
For a fun twist, you could add a little chocolate to your whipped cream or whipped topping or your favorite liqueur! Yum!
Hope you enjoy!
Mini Grilled Strawberry Shortcake Skewers
- 1 (10.75 ounces) package Sara Lee Frozen Pound Cake THAWED
- 32 small fresh strawberries
- Whipped topping or sweetened whipped cream
- Also needed: 32 small wooden skewers
- Slice thawed cake into 8 slices then cut each slice into 8 cubes, for a total of 64 cake cubes.
- Place wooden skewers in small bowl of water and let soak at least 5 minutes.
- Wash strawberries, and cut off stems.
- Skewer shortcakes by placing a cake cube onto the skewer, followed by a strawberry, and another cake cube.
- Preheat grill to medium low heat. Grill skewers about 1-2 minutes per side or until cake is toasted and golden brown. Serve with whipped topping or sweetened whipped cream for dipping.
You can also check Sara Lee out on their Website, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for more recipes and product information. And check out the hashtag #SLSweetTreats on social media for more recipes and fun.
#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Sara Lee. This could include the Sara Lee providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.