Mini Fruit Cocktail Trifles, quick and easy recipe for a fun party dessert with pound cake, fruit, and a amaretto and cream cheese filling.
Mini Fruit Cocktail Trifles are the perfect treat for your summer parties! If you don’t have a lot of time to come up with something for your next potluck or dinner party, this recipe for Mini Fruit Cocktail Trifles is perfect for you! Takes minutes to prepare and can easily be stored in the fridge until party time and only about $1 per serving! Plus I have a great giveaway, sponsored by Libby’s, that you’re not going to want to miss!
How about a fun giveaway to start???
SNAPPY GOURMET – LIBBY’S GIVEAWAY:
(Check out my GIVEAWAY page regularly for more sweeps!)
This contest has ended. Thanks for entering!
One winner will receive a prize package from Libby’s including a Williams-Sonoma Cherry Wood Serving Tray Set and a variety of Libby’s Fruits & Vegetables products. (approximate value: $100)
This is a sponsored post. I was compensated by Libby’s to develop a recipe and post. Prize package was supplied by Libby’s. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
My kids love gobbling up Libby’s No Sugar Added Fruit Cocktail and Peach Slices! Having some around the house definitely comes in handy and not just for the kids. When I needed a quick and easy dessert I turned to Libby’s No Sugar Added Fruit Cocktail and Peach Slices and some other ingredients I had around the house.
Everyone always seems to love “mini” desserts so I got out my mini mason jars (although small bowls or glasses would work great too), and before I knew it, I had these adorable Mini Fruit Cocktail Trifles that were ready in no time!
To start, make the yummy filling! Beat the cream cheese, then beat in the pudding mix. I used vanilla pudding mix but you could use any flavor you’d like. Then slowly (VERY slowly or you’ll get lumps!) beat in the milk and amaretto (or milk and almond extract) until smooth. Gently fold in about 2/3 of the whipped topping. Save the rest of the whipped topping for later. Cover the filling and refrigerate while preparing the rest of the recipe.
While the filling is in the fridge for the Mini Fruit Cocktail Trifles, drain the fruit and chop it into bite size pieces. I actually used kitchen scissors which took no time at all!
Chop up some pound cake. I used defrosted frozen premade pound cake, but you could use any kind of yellow or white cake. Now time to assemble!
To assemble, divide cake cubes among 24 small mason jars (or small bowls/cups). Spoon filling over cake then top with fruit. Top each trifle with a small dollop of reserved whipped topping, sliced almonds, and a maraschino cherry if desired. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Instead of “Mini” Fruit Cocktail Trifles, you could make this in a large serving bowl. That would work just as well!
Hope you enjoy!
Mini Fruit Cocktail Trifles
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 block), softened
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix (1 package)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup amarreto (or susbtitute 1/2 cup milk plus 1 teaspoon almond extract)
- 12 ounces frozen whipped topping defrosted; divided
- 10.75 ounces frozen butter poundcake defrosted
- 14.75 ounces Libby's fruit cocktail drained
- 15 ounce Libby's yellow cling peach slices, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 24 maraschino cherries (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in pudding mix until well combined. Reduce speed to low, then slowly add milk and amaretto (or extra milk/almond extract) to bowl while beating, until well combined and smooth. Fold in about 2/3 of whipped topping (about 3 cups), reserving rest for later. Cover, and place in refrigerator.
- Slice defrosted cake into 12 slices, then chop into small cubes. Set aside.
- With kitchen scissors or a knife, chop fruit into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- To assemble, divide cake cubes among 24 small mason jars. Spoon (about 3 tablespoons) of filling over cake then top with fruit (about 2 tablespoons). Top each with a small dollop (about 1 tablespoon) of reserved whipped topping, almonds, and a maraschino cherry if desired.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
(Nutrition data is provided when available for informational purposes only and calculated using an online nutritional calculator. For the most accurate information please calculate based on specific ingredients and brands you use as well as any changes you made to the recipe. I am not a certified nutritionist or registered dietician and any nutritional information provided should only be used as a general guideline and estimate.)