Mini Snowman Pizzas, an easy pizza recipe with refrigerated biscuit dough for a kid-friendly quick weeknight dinner or snack!
These Mini Snowman Pizzas are nothing fancy, but SO cute and the kids will love them! My kids gobbled them up. So easy to make that the kids could even make the pizzas themselves which is a nice bonus. Fresh little pizzas in less than 30 minutes! I’m always looking for fun pizza recipes, like my Pizza Chicken, and these Mini Snowman Pizzas are just as fun!
To get started on these cute little Snowman Pizzas, save yourself some time and use refrigerated biscuit dough. Yes, I know it’s not REAL pizza dough, but it’s easy, and sometimes you just need easy. I used a “flaky” biscuit dough so that I could split each biscuit in half horizontally and make a thinner crust and twice as many pizzas. I find the flaky biscuits are easier to split than the regular biscuit dough.
Instead of biscuit dough, you could also use pizza dough, tortillas, pita bread, or anything you like. You may need to adjust the baking time if you use something other than biscuit dough so keep that in mind when baking. Even crackers would be a nice alternative and instead of baking in the oven, you could just stick the pizzas in the microwave to melt the cheese.
You really don’t even need a recipe for these Snowman Pizzas, but just in case you do…
After I split each biscuit in half I placed the dough rounds on an ungreased baking sheet and spread the dough out a little with my fingers to even out and thin out the dough.
When you have the dough all set, spread a little of your favorite tomato or pizza sauce on each. Top each pizza with some shredded cheese. I like to use an Italian blend of shredded cheese, but any kind of cheese will do.
Now the fun part! Decorate each Mini Snowman Pizza with carrots and olives to make faces. For the nose, I cut up some baby carrots. For the eyes and mouth, I used canned sliced olives. Mini pepperoni would also be cute!
Once you have the faces the way you want them, bake the pizzas until golden brown on the bottom and around the edges.
If you like your more CRISPY I’d suggest baking the biscuit dough for about 5-10 minutes or so BEFORE adding the sauce, cheese, and toppings. After prebaking the dough for awhile, THEN add the sauce, cheese, and toppings and continue baking for a few minutes until the cheese has melted.
Hope you enjoy these cute Mini Snowman Pizzas as much as my kids did!
|Mini Snowman Pizzas Recipe|| |
- 1 (8 count) container large flaky refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 cups shredded Italian blend or Mozzarella cheese
- Baby carrots
- Sliced olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Separate each biscuit into 2 horizontally, to form 16 total biscuit rounds. Place on a large ungreased baking sheet(s). Lightly press dough to even out dough into think layer.
- Spoon sauce on top of each biscuit round. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cut carrots into thin strips to resemble snowman noses and place one on each pizza.
- Place 2 sliced olives on each pizza for eyes, then cut a sliced olive into 4 pieces for the mouth for each snowman.
- Bake pizzas for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on bottom and around edges.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Instead of olives, you could use mini pepperoni or other vegetables of your choice.
Other fun pizza recipes you may enjoy:
- Pizza Chicken – Snappy Gourmet
- Chocolate Caramel Cookie Pizza – Dinner, Then Dessert
- Pizza Stuffed Peppers – Hungry Hobby
- Homemade Pizza Roll – Taste and Tell