Long list of quick and easy chicken meatball dinner ideas that are family-friendly for busy nights. You could even substitute turkey, beef, pork, or even veggie meatballs for many of these ideas. Lots of great options too for gluten-free, KETO, low carb, and other diets.
One of my favorite things to keep on hand for quick and easy family meals is Chicken Meatballs! I’ve come up with a great list of ideas of what you can do with them and no recipes really required for these. Make the ideas your own with whatever you have around.
I’ve been getting a lot of questions and requests lately about easy family-friendly ideas. I thought I’d come up with this long list of dinner ideas to help some of you out. Like I said, many of these easy meatball dinner ideas can easily be adapted to your personal diet (KETO, low carb, gluten-free, etc.) and from healthy to not so healthy.
I love to get the Amylu Italian Style precooked (refrigerated) low carb chicken meatballs from Costco. However, you could use any kind of meatball you’d like for many of these ideas including turkey, pork, beef, or even a vegetarian option. Lots of great brands out there like Aidells, al fresco, and even Ikea!
Make sure though that you are using either precooked meatballs or that you precook the meatballs yourself for many of these ideas. And defrost any frozen precooked meatballs. Also, if you’re on a special diet (KETO, low carb, gluten-free, Whole30, Paleo, etc.) be sure to check the label on the meatballs or use homemade meatballs.
29 QUICK & EASY CHICKEN MEATBALL MEAL IDEAS
1. CHICKEN PARMESAN MEATBALL – Add a little tomato sauce and cheese on top, heat until cheese is melted, and serve with vegetable or salad. This would be great with these easy Garlic Cheddar Drop Biscuits.
2. LETTUCE WRAPS – Chop up heated meatballs and wrap up in lettuce leaves with shredded coleslaw mix and a little soy sauce or teriyaki sauce. This homemade Korean BBQ Sauce would be a great addition.
3. OMELET– Add some chopped up meatballs, veggies, and cheese to eggs for a quick omelet. If you’ve never made one, here are directions on how to make a 5-minute Omelet.
4. ITALIAN SUB – Toast a sub roll and add some meatballs, tomato sauce, and cheese. A little fresh basil is a great addition too!
5. MEATBALL TACO – Chop up the meatballs and add to a soft/hard taco shell (or lettuce for a low carb option) and all your favorite toppings. Can also sprinkle a little taco seasoning on the meatballs. You probably have some store-bought seasoning around or try one of these homemade taco seasoning varieties.
6. ASIAN NOODLES – Toss some precooked spaghetti or Asian noodles with soy sauce or Teriyaki sauce, veggies, and chopped up meatballs.
7. MEATBALL QUESADILLA – Add chopped meatballs between two tortillas and cheese. Add some chopped onion, peppers, or your favorite veggies too.
8. FRENCH BREAD CHICKEN PIZZA – Toast pieces of French bread, then top with tomato (or Alfredo) sauce, cheese, and sliced chicken meatballs.
9. PASTA & MEATBALLS – Pick your favorite pasta (or zoodles) and sauce, and add some meatballs. Classic!
10. CHICKEN MEATBALL NOODLE SOUP – Add some meatballs to chicken broth and noodles with chopped veggies like carrots, celery, and onion. Chicken Meatball Soup in just a few minutes!
11. MEATBALL FRIED RICE – Use precooked rice or even cauliflower rice, add soy sauce (or stir fry sauce), chopped veggies, and chopped meatballs. Can even add a scrambled egg!
12. GREEK SKEWERS – Skewer the meatballs with onions and peppers, sprinkle with Greek seasoning or Oregano. Cook in the oven and serve with Greek yogurt (or homemade/store-bought Tzatziki), pita bread, and feta cheese. This easy homemade Tzatziki is also a great addition.
13. BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICH – Heat the chicken meatballs up with BBQ sauce and top with coleslaw on a bun. Your favorite store-bought BBQ sauce is great or so is this homemade Root Beer BBQ Sauce.
14. CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD – Take your standard Caesar salad with chopped romaine lettuce, parmesan cheese, croutons, and Caesar dressing and toss with some chopped or sliced chicken meatballs.
15. RICE/QUINOA BOWL – Top a bowl of rice, quinoa, or your favorite grain with chicken meatballs, veggies, cilantro, and your favorite Asian sauce like store-bought Teriyaki sauce or Homemade Teriyaki Sauce.
16. CHICKEN MEATBALL ALFREDO – Top the chicken meatballs with Alfredo sauce and serve with a salad or veggies. You can also make Homemade Alfredo Sauce in minutes!
17. THANKSGIVING MEATBALLS – Drizzle some homemade/store-bought turkey or chicken gravy over meatballs and serve with mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and veggies.
18. SWEDISH CHICKEN MEATBALLS – Mix chicken meatballs with homemade/store-bought (can also buy a mix…) with Swedish meatball sauce and serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
19. BAKED PASTA CASSEROLE – Mix chopped or sliced meatballs with precooked pasta, ricotta (or cottage cheese…), tomato or Alfredo sauce, and shredded Italian cheese and baked in the oven. Could even precooked vegetables like mushrooms, onions, or peppers. I have a Chicken Parmesan Baked Pasta recipe that you could easily use meatballs for!
20. MEATBALL MAC & CHEESE – Take regular old mac & cheese or fancy homemade and add some chicken meatballs! Bacon and veggies are also great additions.
21. PESTO CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE – Add a little homemade/store-bought pesto and sliced chicken meatballs to your standard grilled cheese. Lots of great store-bought pesto out there or try homemade pesto, like this Spicy Cilantro Pesto or Spinach Basil Pesto.
22. SWEET & SOUR MEATBALLS – Toss your chicken meatballs with some pineapple, carrots, peppers, and store-bought or homemade sweet & sour sauce. Serve over rice (or cauliflower rice).
23. ITALIAN TOMATO CHICKEN SOUP – Thin out your favorite tomato sauce with a little chicken broth, add some chicken meatballs, small pasta, and your favorite veggies. Sprinkle a little cheese on top.
24. BUFFALO MEATBALLS – Mix meatballs with buffalo or hot sauce. Serve with blue cheese or ranch for dipping along with carrots and celery.
25. MEATBALL SLIDERS – Stuff little rolls or biscuits with meatballs and your favorite cheese, lettuce, tomato, and your favorite sandwich toppings.
26. CHICKEN MEATBALL STROGANOFF – Mix some homemade/store-bought stroganoff sauce with chicken meatballs and mushrooms and serve over egg noodles.
27. MEATBALL NACHOS – Chop meatballs and place over tortilla chips with shredded cheese. Serve with your favorite nacho toppings like sour cream, salsa, or guacamole. Lots of other great nacho recipes on Snappy Gourmet too!
28. Chicken Marsala Meatballs – Add some mushrooms and wine sauce to the meatballs and serve with veggies, pasta, and/or mashed potatoes.
29. Chicken Cordon Bleu Meatballs – Top the meatballs with slices of ham and Swiss cheese and bake until cheese has melted. Easy and delicious!
NOTE: Make sure the meatballs are fully cooked and heated through before eating in any of these ideas.
Would love to hear about your quick and easy dinner ideas in the comments!