Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies Recipe, an easy fudgy brownie full of dark chocolate and peanuts.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
I’m super excited to be sharing this fabulous Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies Recipe with you all!
Can’t beat a fudgy peanut butter brownie recipe can you? :) So I thought peanut butter brownies would be perfect today!
These peanut butter brownies are stuffed with an easy peanut butter ganache, peanuts, and chocolate chips. These are bakery quality brownies so beware! You might not want to keep them in the house unless you’re ready to eat the whole pan. :)
To start while the oven is preheating, I like to lightly grease a 13×9-inch baking pan, then line it with parchment paper, then lightly grease again. This makes it super easy to get the brownies out of the pan and helps with the cleanup!
In a double boiler, melt the butter, chocolate chips and coffee until smooth then cool. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Then mix together the dry ingredients in another bowl.
Whisk the cooled chocolate mixture into the sugar/egg mixture (make sure the chocolate mixture is cool and slowly add while whisking so you don’t end up with curdled eggs!). Then whisk in the dry ingredients. Spread about half of the batter over the bottom of the pan and bake about 10 minutes.
For the peanut butter ganache, place the cream in small saucepan and heat until it just starts to bubble. Pour over peanut butter chips in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Cool completely. To speed up the cooling you can place over an ice bath or in the fridge.
Pour the peanut butter ganache over the bottom brownie layer then top with the nuts and chips. Spoon remaining brownie batter on top and carefully spread over filling. Finish baking but be sure you don’t overbake these brownies or they’ll dry out.
Cool the peanut butter stuffed brownies completely after baking. You should be able to gently pull on the parchment paper and remove the brownies from the pan. You might need to use a butter knife around the edges if they stick.
For a firmer fudgier Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownie, store in fridge. Otherwise, store at room temperature for a few days. Enjoy! :) And maybe enjoy with a little ice cream, chocolate sauce, and a cherry. :)
Hope you enjoy!
Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 (12 oz.) bag dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13×9 baking dish. Line the pan with parchment paper so that paper is along bottom and up the two longer sides and goes a little above top of pan sides. Then lightly grease the parchment paper.
- Place butter, 1 bag of chocolate chips, and coffee in top of double boiler over medium heat. Stirring occasionally, heat mixture until smooth (about 5-7 minutes). Remove from heat and set mixture aside to cool. [OR you can place ingredients in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth.]
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, and vanilla until well combined in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk cooled chocolate mixture into sugar/egg mixture, then stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour about half of brownie mixture into bottom of prepared 13×9-inch baking dish. Spread batter to cover bottom of pan into an even layer. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place peanut butter chips in medium mixing bowl, set aside. Place cream in small sauce pan over medium heat. Stir until it just starts to bubble. Remove from heat, and pour over peanut butter chips. Stir until smooth. [OR you can place chips and cream in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth.] Set aside to cool.
- When bottom brownie layer is done, remove from oven. (don’t worry if it’s not fully cooked), pour cooled peanut butter ganache over brownie layer. Sprinkle nuts then remaining 1 bag of chocolate chips on top. Spoon remaining brownie batter on top and gently spread batter over chocolate chips to edges of pan to cover filling.
- Bake brownies an additional 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F or until almost set in middle. Brownies may appear slightly underdone, but that’s ok. Be careful to not overbake and dry out brownies.
- Cool completely. For easy cutting, place brownies in fridge for several hours over overnight to firm. Gently lift on parchment paper to remove brownies from pan and remove paper. You may need to run a sharp knife around edge of pan to remove brownies. Cut brownies into squares. For a firmer fudgier brownie, store in fridge. Otherwise, store at room temperature for a few days.
SNAPPY TIPS: Be sure melted chocolate mixture and peanut butter ganache are cool before adding to recipe.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: You can substitute other types of chocolate for the dark chocolate, however, I suggest sticking with a chocolate that is not too sweet.