Amaretto Caramel Apple Mug Cobblers, an easy homemade fall dessert recipe made in a mug with apples, caramel, and amaretto.
Amaretto Caramel Apple Mug Cobblers recipe for you today. It’s an easy homemade dessert baked in mugs. Hope you all entered to win the wonderful prize package from Land O’ Lakes that I announced earlier today. One lucky winner will receive an All-Clad Omelet Skillet, a $50 VISA gift card, and a full-value coupon for any variety of Land O’ Lakes eggs (prize package valued at about $150). Enter now! Deadline is November 20th! To get you started using your Land O’ Lakes eggs, I have a cute recipe today for Amaretto Caramel Apple Mug Cobblers perfect for the holidays!
Here is one more look at the prize package you can win from Land O’ Lakes. Click here to ENTER!
So now that you’re all entered to win a great prize, how about a recipe??!! Instead of making one big cobbler, I decided to make individual cobblers so that everyone could have their own and they could be “customized” for each family member. Some people wanted nuts, some wanted more caramel, etc. You could take your favorite cobbler or crisp recipes and make them into individual mugs, but be sure your mugs are oven safe!!!
Peel, core, and chop the apples into small pieces. You could substitute pears. You can use any good baking apple or use a few varieties and mix them up.
Mix in some flour, cinnamon, caramel, and Amaretto with the apples. Then you can either microwave or cook your apples on the stovetop to soften. You can skip cooking the apples but be forewarned that the topping for your cobbler may be baked before your apples are soft and then your apples will be hard.
While your apples are cooking, prepare the cobbler topping by mixing together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon then mix in the caramel, Amaretto, melted butter, milk,and the Land O’ Lakes egg.
Spoon the apples into the bottom of mugs that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and placed on a large baking sheet.
Then spoon the cobbler topping over the apples. You can drizzle more caramel on top and/or sprinkle chopped nuts on top if you want but you don’t have to.
Bake them in the oven until a toothpick inserted into the topping comes out clean. Top the cobblers with your favorites such as more caramel, nuts, whipped cream, and/or ice cream.
These are best served warm! Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy!
Amaretto Caramel Apple Mug Cobblers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray 6 oven-safe mugs with nonstick cooking spray and place mugs on large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped apples, 2 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon. Mix in 1/4 cup caramel and 2 tablespoons amaretto. Microwave mixture on high for about 4-6 minutes or until apples are soft or pour apples into large saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, and cook about 6-10 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl mix together 1 cup flour, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix in 3 tablespoons caramel, butter, milk, 2 tablespoons amaretto, and egg until just combined.
- Spoon apples into prepared mugs then spoon topping over apples. If desired top with more caramel and/or chopped nuts. Bake cobblers for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into topping comes out clean.
- Top as desired with ice cream, whipped cream, caramel, and/or chopped nuts.
(Nutrition data is provided when available for informational purposes only and calculated using an online nutritional calculator. For the most accurate information please calculate based on specific ingredients and brands you use as well as any changes you made to the recipe. I am not a certified nutritionist or registered dietician and any nutritional information provided should only be used as a general guideline and estimate.)