Fun list of easy Dump Cake recipes including cherry, pumpkin, blueberry, chocolate, and more! Plus, information on what is a dump cake and how to make a dump cake.
What is a Dump Cake?
Don’t worry, a “dump cake” is not as bad as it sounds, and is actually quite delicious!
Many would think it’s kind of like an easier version of a cobbler. Some people actually call it a dump cake cobbler rather than just dump cake.
The name comes from just “dumping” everything into a large baking dish without using mixing bowls or a lot of other kitchen utensils.
How to Make a Dump Cake?
Whatever you want to call it, a dump cake is quick and easy to make. You usually start with a large pan (like a 13×9-inch baking dish), then dump some fruit in the pan, top with a store-bought cake mix, and top with slices of butter or melted butter.
The dump cake is then baked and it comes out kind of like a cobbler or sometimes a crisp depending on the recipe.
What type of filling or fruit you use can vary quite a bit. Some people use frozen fruit, fresh fruit, pudding, canned fruit, pie filling, or a long list of other things!
You can add your favorite spices and flavor extracts or even add things like coconut or nuts to make it your own. Dump cakes can be very simple with only a few ingredients, or quite gourmet!
Here you go!
17 Easy Dump Cake Recipes:
1. Blueberry Dump Cake (Snappy Gourmet) – Loads of blueberries in this easy dump cake recipe. Topped with a yellow cake mix and a little melted butter and buttermilk for a delicious topping.
2. Cherry Dump Cake (Duncan Hines) – A can of pineapple juice, chopped nuts, cherry pie filling, a cake mix, and butter and you have yourself a quick Cherry Dump Cake. Instead of using pie filling, you can also use frozen cherries like in my Easy Cherry Dump Cake which is a great alternative.
3. Strawberry Dump Cake (A Pinch of Joy) – Not only does this dump cake have fresh strawberries, but it’s topped with a strawberry cake mix for double strawberry flavor!
4. Piña Colada Dump Cake (Snappy Gourmet) – Like Piña Coladas? You’ll love this coconut and pineapple dump cake with a little rum based on the cocktail.
5. Crock-Pot Chocolate Cherry Brownie Dump Cake (Dukes & Duchesses) – All you need are 3 ingredients including a cherry pie filing mix, brownie mix, and butter. Put it in your slow cooker and you’ll have an easy dump cake.
6. Pumpkin Dump Cake (Food Network) – Forget pumpkin pie, try this instead with canned pumpkin and pumpkin spice.
7. Oreo Cookie Dump Cobbler (Call Me PMc) – Whoah! Forget the fruit! Top Oreo cookies with a quick homemade cake mix. Amazing!
8. Rhubarb Dump Cake (Eat Move Make) – Start with some fresh rhubarb, add some sugar, cinnamon, and a strawberry JELL-O mix. Top with a cake mix, water, and melted butter.
9. Caramel Apple Dump Cake (Snappy Gourmet) – You may think of caramel apples for fall, but they’re really great anytime of the year right? Check out this easy dump cake recipe with fresh apples and caramel.
10. Blackberry Dump Cake (Cooking Mamas) – use fresh or frozen blackberries, for this quick Blackberry Dump Cake.
11. Peach Cobbler Dump Cake (Taste of Home) – Start off with some canned peaches, add some brown sugar and cinnamon. Top with a cake mix, sliced almonds, and butter and you have you have a Peach Dump Cake.
12. Lemon Lime Dump Cake (Shaken Together Life) – A lemon cake mix and key lime pie filling makes up this fun Lemon Lime Dump Cake!
13. Berry Crisp Dump Cake (Together as Family) – Frozen berries are topped with a cake mix, butter, oats, and walnuts. Looks delicious!
14. Apple Pumpkin Dump Cake (Wine and Glue) – Can’t decide between apple or pumpkin? Use them both in this Apple Pumpkin Dump Cake recipe.
15. Hot Chocolate Dump Cake (Sugar and Soul) – This chocolate dump cake is full of chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate then topped with marshmallows. Yes, please! If marshmallows aren’t quite your thing, check out my super easy Chocolate Dump Cake recipe.
16. Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake (Sparkles to Sprinkles) – This lemon dump cake has a little cream cheese, and only a few other ingredients. Easy!
17. Apple Spice Dump Cake (Never Ending Journeys) – This easy fall dump cake has apple pie filling and a spice cake mix. Delish!
There you go, 17 easy Dump Cake recipes perfect for a potluck, party, or any time of the year!