Bananas Foster Popsicles, a fun recipe twist on bananas foster in popsicle form with bananas, greek yogurt, rum extract, and cinnamon.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
These Bananas Foster Popsicles are full of your favorite Bananas Foster flavors, and easy to make thanks to my KitchenAid blender! Only take minutes to prepare but unfortunately you do have to wait a few hours for the popsicles to freeze. If you’re not familiar with Bananas Foster it’s a popular ice cream dessert from New Orleans and so delicious! This version does not contain alcohol, but I did use some rum extract for a similar flavor.
First, add your bananas, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon to a small bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until the bananas are soft. Cooking the bananas seemed to intensify the flavors. You could also do this in a pan on the stovetop if you prefer.
The bananas will be really soft and break up as you stir. Small chunks are ok.
Let the bananas cool then add it to the blender along with some Greek yogurt, milk, vanilla, and McCormick rum extract. My KitchenAid blender whipped everything up in seconds!!! Love the blue color of this blender, don’t you?
Pour into your favorite popsicle mold and place them in the freezer for at least a few hours or until they are solid and frozen through.
Pop them out of the popsicle mold when you’re ready to serve. Delicious and easy!
Hope you enjoy!
Bananas Foster Popsicles
- 2 large ripe bananas thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon rum extract (or rum)
- Place bananas, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon in microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high power for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until bananas are soft, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place banana mixture in blender along with yogurt, milk, vanilla, and rum extract. Process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds. Freeze at least a few hours or until frozen solid.
SNAPPY TIPS: Yield may vary depending on size of popsicle molds.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: You can substitute vanilla yogurt for plain yogurt.
Other Bananas Foster recipes I thought you may enjoy:
- Bananas Foster Croissant Bread Pudding – Food Plus Words
- Bananas Foster Cake – Menu Musings
- Bananas Foster Muffins – Sweet Pea’s Kitchen
Kitchenaid provided me with a blender earlier this year but all opinions are my own.