This Mediterranean Feta & Shrimp Pasta is snappy enough to make for any night of the week and it is delicious! It’s loaded with shrimp, tomatoes, feta, fresh asparagus, pasta, and fresh parsley or basil! Lots of variation possibilities too! Plus, I’m happy to announce that I have another giveaway for you all so be sure to enter!
To start, get your water boiling for your pasta. I used angel hair pasta but you could use any kind of pasta, including whole wheat. The sauce would also be great over spaghetti squash if you want a lower carb option. Next cut your asparagus in half or thirds and roast in the oven until just tender. You could boil or microwave your asparagus if you prefer not to heat your oven, but I LOVE roasted asparagus and think it works great in this dish!
While the asparagus is cooking, start making your sauce. When your sauce is just about done, THEN cook your pasta just until it’s al dente. Drain your pasta then let it cook a little more in the sauce in the pan. Mix in your herbs, and you’re done!
I like to use flat left parsley in this dish, but didn’t happen to have any on hand so used a little fresh basil instead.
You can definitely change some of the ingredients such as baby peas, mushrooms, and/or onions for the asparagus. You can omit the wine or substitute broth (such as chicken broth or seafood stock). You could even substitute cooked chicken for the shrimp or make this a vegetarian meal and omit the meat all together. The feta cheese makes the sauce creamy but not too heavy. Enjoy!
To make your meal prep a little easier I have a great prize for one lucky reader! KitchenIQ™ will be giving one lucky reader one of their new Angle Adjust Adjustable Manual Knife Sharpeners and one of their new V-etched Better Zesters.
The V-etched Better Zester has a storage container right on the back so that as you’re zesting your chocolate, garlic, citrus, ginger, or whatever, everything goes right into the storage container! Love that! I also love that it is ergonomically shaped and the handle is comfortable to hold. That helped keep my fingers away from the zester so I didn’t “zest” my fingers!!
The Angle Adjust Adjustable Manual Knife Sharpener has an angle adjust with guides if you’re sharpening Asian or European knives! You can even sharpen serrated knives which can be a little tricky to sharpen! My knives are now as good as new! It’s also very comfortable and easy to hold.
SNAPPY GOURMET – GIVEAWAY:
(Check out my GIVEAWAY page regularly for more giveaways!)
***Contest has ended. Thanks for entering!
Prize was supplied by KitchenIQ™. Snappy Gourmet received the above mentioned products to try but did not receive any other personal compensation. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
|Mediterranean Feta & Shrimp Pasta|| || |
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch (about 1 lb.) of fresh asparagus, ends cut off then cut in half or thirds if long
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28oz.) can diced tomatoes (don't drain)
- ½ cup wine (optional)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- salt/pepper to taste
- 8 oz. dry pasta such as angel hair
- ½ cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Garnish (optional): crumbled feta cheese and chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil on the stovetop.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil on a large baking sheet. Toss asparagus in baking sheet with oil then spread to single layer. Bake about 15-20 minutes or until soft.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add garlic, cook about 1 minute. Add can of tomatoes (including liquid), and wine. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sauce is slightly reduced. Add feta cheese and cook another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is just about melted. Add shrimp and cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until shrimp is cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When sauce is just about done, cook your pasta. Drain pasta and stir into sauce along with your asparagus and fresh parsley.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Instead of asparagus you could use any kind of your favorite vegetables such as peas, mushrooms, onions, etc. Instead of shrimp you could use precooked chopped chicken. Instead of wine you can substitute chicken broth or seafood stock. Instead of parsley you could substitute a few tablespoons chopped fresh basil.
(For more recipes visit Snappy Gourmet at http://www.snappygourmet.com to sign up for an email/RSS subscription or visit Snappy Gourmet on Facebook or Twitter.)
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
Other pasta dishes I thought you would enjoy:
- Creamy Pea & Mint Spaghetti – Sips & Spoonfuls
- Bow Tie Pasta in Asparagus Sauce – Pham Fatale
- Pasta with Bacon & Peas – Cooking with My Kid