A healthy spaghetti squash recipe for you today! This easy and healthy Asian Peanut Spaghetti Squash Stir-Fry recipe is to make up for all the holiday and Christmas cookie recipes I’m about to throw at you over the next couple of weeks! I don’t know why I don’t come up with more healthy spaghetti squash recipes! Spaghetti squash is easy to make and delicious! It’s a great change from pasta with a very mild flavor that goes well with so many flavor combinations. This Asian Peanut Spaghetti Squash Stir-Fry recipe is quick enough for a weeknight meal and bursting with flavor! It’s easy to change with your family’s favorite vegetables and/or protein!
The hardest part about this spaghetti squash stir-fry recipe is trying to cut through the spaghetti squash. Make sure you use a sharp knife and be careful! Once you get it cut the spaghetti squash in half, and scoop out the seeds.
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
|Asian Peanut Spaghetti Squash Stir-Fry|| || |
- 1 large spaghetti Squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 (8oz.) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, seeds removed & thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut in half & thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup reduced sodium soy sauce (choose a gluten-free brand variety if you're gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Dash ground ginger
- Dash red pepper flakes
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup peanuts, finely chopped
- Cut squash in half lengthwise with a sharp knife. Remove seeds with spoon. Place squash, cut side down in a microwave safe pan. Add about ¼ cup of water to pan and cover pan with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for about 10-15 minutes or until squash is soft. Cool slightly. Using a fork, remove squash in long strands.
- Meanwhile, place large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Cook garlic and chicken, while crumbling chicken, for about 3-5 minutes or until chicken is about cooked through. Add mushrooms, green pepper, and onions to pan and cook another 4-6 minutes or until vegetables and meat are cooked through.
- Add soy sauce, peanut butter, lime juice, ginger, and pepper to pan and stir to combine. Add squash and stir to coat. (if you don’t have enough room in your pan, combine in a large mixing bowl).
- Top with cilantro and peanuts before serving.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Instead of mushrooms, peppers, and onions, you can substitute any of your favorite vegetables. You could also substitute any ground or chopped meat instead of ground chicken.
More spaghetti squash recipes I thought you’d enjoy:
- Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti Squash – Snappy Gourmet
- Pizza Stuffed Spaghetti Squash – The Wholesome Dish
- Mediterranean Shrimp Spaghetti Squash – The Hubert Kitchen