Another Buffalo Chicken recipe for all my “Buffalo” lovers! All the flavors of buffalo chicken wings but stuffed in a mushroom! These Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms are perfect for a dinner party, tailgating, or just because you’re in the mood! I actually ate a bunch of them for lunch the other day. :) You could easily make these into a vegetarian appetizer or swap out the chicken for shrimp. Let the party begin!!!
These Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms are easy to make and you can even make them ahead of time. Start with some mushrooms either button or baby bella (crimini) mushrooms. Remove the stems and using a small spoon or fork, scoop out a bit of the inside to make room for the filling. You can discard the stems and inside or keep for another use. I like to chop it all up and put on salads or cook and add to pastas, sauces, soups, or all sorts of things!
Once your mushrooms are ready to go. Chop up all your veggies and chicken. You could substitute additional vegetables or chopped precooked shrimp if you’d rather. Make sure everything is FINELY chopped.
Mix your filling together in a bowl. Start with a little Frank’s Hot Sauce then add more in to your personal liking. The filling is almost like a buffalo chicken dip. Or think buffalo hot wings stuffed in a mushroom! Yum!
Stuff your mushrooms with a small spoon then top with blue cheese. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and cooked through and cheese is soft and melted on top.
Serve warm. They reheat fairly well and I’ve also been known to eat a few cold on occasion, but your guest might not go for that. :) Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Here are a few more of my “Buffalo” recipes I thought you might enjoy:
- Buffalo Shrimp Bread Bowl Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese (Slow Cooker)
- Buffalo Shrimp Grilled Cheese
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
|Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms||
- 16 oz. button or baby bella (crimini) mushrooms
- 4 oz. cream cheese (regular or reduced fat), softened
- ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 2-4 tablespoons Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning mix (optional)
- ½ cup finely chopped precooked chicken
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped carrot
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick spray if desired.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Using a small spoon or fork, remove part of the inside of each mushroom to make room for filling. Discard stems and insides or save for other use. Place mushroom caps on prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together cream cheese, ¼ cup blue cheese, 2 tablespoons Frank’s hot sauce, and Ranch seasoning until well combined. Mix in chicken, celery, carrot, and red onion until well combined. Add more hot sauce in as desired.
- Using a small spoon, spoon filling into each mushroom being careful to not overfill. Sprinkle remaining blue cheese on top of mushrooms.
- Bake mushrooms about 8-10 minutes at 425 degrees F or until mushrooms are soft and cooked through.
A few more stuffed mushroom recipes you might enjoy:
- Chicken Marsala Stuffed Portobellos – Pink Parsley
- Sausage & Red Pepper Stuffed Mushrooms – Baked by Rachel
- Southwestern Stuffed Mushrooms – Cookin’ Canuck