What do you get when you cross banana bread with a doughnut? Why a Banana Bread Doughnut Twist, of course!! These baked doughnuts have all the great taste of banana bread but in the shape of a fun twist doughnut! I topped the doughnuts with a cream cheese glaze and cinnamon nuts. These easy Banana Bread Doughnut Twists are great for dessert, snack, or even a special breakfast. Hungry yet? Want to win one of these cute Doughnut Twists Pans along with a great prize package from Wilton? Read on for information on how to enter and the recipe for these Banana Bread Doughnut Twists!
These Banana Bread Doughnut Twists are super easy to make and they’re BAKED not fried! So you don’t have to worry about making a mess in your kitchen with all that oil and frying! To start, lightly spray Wilton‘s Doughnut Twist Pan with nonstick spray. Love this pan! Can’t wait to try some other recipes in it like other doughnuts, quick breads, cakes, etc.!
Start making your batter. Mix your dry ingredients together.
Mix your wet ingredients together except the buttermilk.
Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the buttermilk into the rest of the batter.
Fill the cavities about 2/3 full with the batter.
Bake the doughnuts for about 18-22 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let them cool a few minutes then flip the doughnuts over onto a cooling rack. Mine all came out with no problem and no sticking. Aren’t they adorable?? What a fun pan!
While the doughnuts are cooling, make your cream cheese glaze and cinnamon nuts. Drizzle the glaze on top (or next time I think I’ll just dunk the whole top of the doughnut in the glaze) and sprinkle the nuts on top. Instead of nuts you could also use Wilton‘s sprinkles or colored sugars for a colorful treat!
These doughnuts are BIG so one could easily be 2 servings. Or maybe just 1 serving if you’re really hungry.
These Banana Bread Doughnut Twists are golden brown on the outside and soft and cakey on the inside. Yum!
SNAPPY GOURMET - WILTON GIVEAWAY:
(Check out my GIVEAWAY page regularly for more sweeps!)
One winner will receive a prize package from Wilton including a 6-Cavity Doughnut Twist Pan, Autumn Mini Bites Pan, and an assortment of candy melts and sprinkles/sugars. (Approximate retail value is $70.)
1) Leave a comment telling me details about your favorite doughnut. What flavor is it? Where do you get it or do you make it yourself? Give me the scoop! (1 entry)
Bonus Entries- (OPTIONAL)
2.) Leave a comment(s) if you follow Snappy Gourmet on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST, and/or receive my posts automatically (by EMAIL or RSS Feed). (1 entry each, no more than 4 total)
4) Leave a comment if you have posted about this giveaway with the link on YOUR FACEBOOK page, YOUR TWITTER account, or if you pinned this giveaway to YOUR PINTEREST boards. (1 entry each, no more than 3 total)
Include something like “Enter to win a prize package from @snappygourmet @WiltonCakes #giveaway http://snappygourmet.com/giveaways-enter-now/” .
You have up to 11 chances to win so you can leave up to 11 comments (1 VALID comment = 1 entry). To enter, leave a SEPARATE comment for each entry using the comment form below on THIS blog post…
NOTE: COMMENTS MUST BE LEFT HERE ON THIS BLOG POST TO BE VALID! Comments left on Snappy Gourmet’s Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest page, sent by email, or anywhere else will NOT count and will not be entered in this giveaway. I will be using random.org to choose winning entry(ies). The number next to your comment here on this post is your entry number. If the comment(s) with those chosen number(s) are valid and follow all rules, they win, if not, new number(s) will be chosen.
Up to 11 entries per person (no automated entries or cheating allowed). Entries that are not valid and multiple entries will not be considered and will be thrown out when choosing winners. Each entry must be a separate comment and not a reply to a comment and not multiple entries within one comment. You must be 18 years or older and a United States Resident to enter. Prizes will be mailed to U.S. addresses only and can not be mailed to P.O. Boxes. Contest is void where prohibited by law. Sweep is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. All entries must be received by Tuesday, October 30th, 2012, 11:59pm EST.
Snappy Gourmet will choose winners using Random.org based on the number of valid entries on or around October 31st, 2012. One prize per person. Winner(s) will be notified by email and have 3 days to respond with their address before an alternate winner will be chosen and notified. Prize(s) may be sent by sponsor and winner’s contact information will be supplied to them.
Prize package was supplied by Wilton. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
|Banana Bread Doughnut Twists||
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2-3 bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoons milk (or buttermilk)
- ½ cup toasted chopped pecans or walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a Wilton 6-cavity Doughnut Twist Pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and salt until well combined.
- In another large mixing bowl, beat together 4 tablespoons butter and granulated sugar until well combined. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in bananas and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Alternate beating in dry ingredients and buttermilk into bowl until ingredients are just combined being careful to not overmix.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan until each cavity is about ⅔ full. Bake for about 18-22 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix together cream cheese, 1 tablespoon butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon milk until well combined. Add additional milk as desired for thinner consistency. Drizzle glaze on top of doughnuts or dip top of each doughnut into glaze as desired.
- In a small bowl mix together nuts and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of doughnuts.
Other recipes I thought you might enjoy:
- Bourbon & Chocolate Banana Bread – Pixelated Crumb
- Banana Bread Whoopie Pies – Cooking Classy
- Pumpkin Doughnuts with Buttermilk Spiced Glaze – Portuguese Girl Cooks
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
Disclaimer: Wilton supplied me with the above mentioned products to review. All opinions are my own.