Our yard is covered in snow. So much snow that I can’t even estimate how much snow we have. And thanks to Mother Nature more is on the way this week. The nice thing about all this snow (and I should say the ONLY nice thing) is that I can open my back door and scoop up some snow without even having to put shoes on and going outside. And what better thing to do with snow than another batch of snow ice cream!!! If you missed the first batch, check out the Chocolate Peppermint Snow Ice Cream.
This batch used up some miscellaneous things I had around including caramel and white chocolate chips. Although, any kind of chocolate chips would probably work as would any kind of liqueur. I just happened to have some Amaretto. Or omit the alcohol all together. If you are one of those select few who do not currently have any snow, give this a try with finely shaved ice.
|Amaretto Caramel Snow Ice Cream||
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup thick caramel
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Amaretto
- 12 cups clean fluffy snow (or finely shaved ice)
- Place chocolate chips, caramel, milk, and salt in medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave on half power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth. Cool completely.
- Pour mixture over snow in a large mixing bowl and carefully stir to combine.
- Eat immediately or place in container and freeze.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Substitute any kind of chocolate chips (such as semi-sweet) for the white chocolate. You can also use any kind of liqueur or omit.
[For more recipes visit Snappy Gourmet (http://www.snappygourmet.com); sign-up for posts via email or RSS; or follow on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.]