Strawberry Chicken Salad Grilled Cheese recipe, an easy homemade chicken salad combined with grilled cheese for a quick gourmet sandwich!
Disclosure: This blog post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting brands I love so I can continue to bring you fun new recipes! (For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Fun recipe for you today: Strawberry Chicken Salad Grilled Cheese! An easy salad and grilled cheese sandwich all in one with loads of cheesy goodness! As you probably know by now, my family LOVES cheese and these cheesy delicious sandwiches were perfect for a quick family friendly meal. When Land O’Lakes asked me to create a recipe for National Grilled Cheese month, how could I say no to that?! Next thing I knew, I was creating an easy strawberry chicken salad between slices of LAND O LAKES® Deli American.
How about a quick grilled cheese sandwich for dinner? Let’s get cooking! To start these Strawberry Chicken Salad Grilled Cheese sandwiches, make a quick salad with chicken, spinach, strawberries, red onion, and nuts. Lots of easy and fresh ingredients!
Next, in a small bowl, make a quick vinaigrette with olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Combine the dressing with the salad.
Butter one side of each slice of bread and place the bread on a work surface. I used pumpernickel bread, but any good quality of bread will be fine. I loved the dark color of the pumpernickel with the bright strawberries and other ingredients. Place the buttered sides of the bread down on a work surface, then top half of them with a slice of LAND O LAKES® Deli American, some of the salad, another slice of LAND O LAKES® Deli American, then another slice of bread (buttered side up). Depending on the size of your bread, you may want to use additional LAND O LAKES® Deli American (or cut it to fit).
Preheat a skillet or griddle (cast iron works great!) and cook the sandwiches about 2-3 minutes per side or until the bread is toasted and the LAND O LAKES® Deli American has melted. Serve right away while the sandwiches are warm.
Doesn’t get much better than an ooey-gooey grilled cheese sandwich – don’t you think? These sandwiches are so easy to make and perfect for this time of year for a quick, weeknight, family-friendly dinner.
These sandwiches can easily be adapted for various diets. For a vegetarian option, you could omit the chicken and the grilled cheese sandwiches will still be delicious! Likewise, for a gluten-free option, use gluten-free bread or rolls. For those with nut allergies, just omit the nuts.
The recipe can easily be multiplied if you’re cooking for a crowd. If you’re making a lot of grilled cheese sandwiches, you can assemble all the sandwiches and bake them in the oven on a cookie sheet all at one time.
Would love to hear about your favorite grilled cheese sandwiches! Let me know what you like to put in your sandwiches.
Hope you enjoy this easy and delicious Grilled Strawberry Chicken Grilled Cheese with Land O Lakes® Deli American for National Grilled Cheese Month. Please don’t forget to help the hungry by pinning some recipes by April 30th and be sure to visit Land O’ Lakes on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to follow along!
Strawberry Chicken Salad Grilled Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup precooked chicken cubed
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup quartered and sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices bread
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 8 (3/4-ounce) slices LAND O LAKES® Deli American
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the baby spinach, chicken, strawberries, walnuts, and red onion.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper until well combined. Pour dressing over salad and gently toss to coat.
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter.
- Layer 4 slices of bread with 1 slice cheese, salad, and 1 slice cheese. Top with remaining bread slices, buttered-side up.
- Heat 12-inch skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place 2 sandwiches into skillet. Cook, turning once, about 4-6 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.