Slow Cooker Spicy Sausage & Corn Soup, an easy crockpot corn soup recipe. Very little prep, makes for an easy weeknight meal, and family friendly dinner!
Slow Cooker Spicy Sausage & Corn Soup, an easy crockpot corn soup recipe that is ready in no time. Not much prep needed, and this corn soup makes an easy family friendly dinner! Use your favorite sausage or ground meat, or omit the sausage entirely for a vegetarian corn soup.
My husband and I have both been sick with bad colds this week. So I got out my slow cooker and made this quick soup. It’s nothing fancy but nothing wrong with an easy crockpot corn soup for comfort food when you don’t feel well. This Egg Roll Soup is also a good one.
We had some spicy Italian sausage in the fridge and since we both had colds the spicy sausage was kind of nice if I do say so myself. You could certainly use a mild sausage or ground meat in this corn soup recipe. Just be sure to cook the sausage or ground meat before adding it to your slow cooker.
You could also use precooked chopped chicken like a rotisserie chicken. You could even omit the meat entirely for a vegetarian corn soup. If you don’t use a spicy meat, I’d suggest adding some of your favorite herbs or spices to give the soup a little more flavor.
When the soup is done, add some of your favorite toppings like shredded cheese, green onion, and crushed crackers (we used pita chips) and you have yourself an easy Slow Cooker Spicy Sausage & Corn Soup! Hope you enjoy this super easy slow cooker corn soup recipe!
Have more corn you need to use? You might like this easy Rosemary Ricotta Corn! It’s a great side dish.
Hope you enjoy! Want more soup? How about this easy Chicken Tortilla Soup? Delish! Or these Slow Cooker Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders are a great snack.
Slow Cooker Spicy Sausage & Corn Soup Recipe
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage casings removed
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 29.5 ounces cream style corn (2 - 14.75oz cans)
- 30.5 whole kernel corn with liquid (not drained) (2 - 15.25oz cans)
- 1/2 cup beef broth (or vegetable broth)
- 12 ounces evaporated milk (1 can)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (optional)
- Toppings: shredded cheese, sliced green onion, crushed crackers
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and onion, breaking up sausage as it cooks. Cook about 4-6 minutes or until sausage is cooked through. Drain off fat.
- Place sausage, onion, cream style corn, whole kernel corn, broth, evaporated milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cook on low for 2-4 hours.
- If thicker soup is desired, stir together cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water. Slowly mix into slow cooker until soup has thickened.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings.
(Nutrition data is provided when available for informational purposes only and calculated using an online nutritional calculator. For the most accurate information please calculate based on specific ingredients and brands you use as well as any changes you made to the recipe. I am not a certified nutritionist or registered dietician and any nutritional information provided should only be used as a general guideline and estimate.)