Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders is an easy to make recipe thanks to your slow cooker! An easy sandwich perfect for quick weeknight dinners!
You’re going to love this Slow Cooker Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders recipe! You wanted more slow cooker recipes, so here’s a slow cooker pulled pork recipe I think you’ll enjoy. These Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders are perfect for your holiday parties or year-round and great as an appetizer or main dish.
Did I mention how EASY these pulled pork sliders are thanks to the slow cooker?? Why spend all day cooking when you can have your slow cooker do all the work?!
Your house will also smell incredible as you’re making the BBQ pulled pork and the homemade Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce!
These Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders came out great! To start, place a large pork butt (I used a 6 lb. bone-in pork butt) in the slow cooker with some beef broth. You can substitute any size pork butt you can find or any size that will fit in the slow cooker.
Cook the pork on low for about 8-10 hours or until the pork is very tender and falling apart. Remove the pork from the broth and pull it apart with 2 forks.
Meanwhile, make the homemade cranberry chipotle BBQ sauce for your pulled pork sliders. It comes together fast (and a great way to use up some cranberry sauce you may have leftover from Thanksgiving).
The BBQ sauce recipe makes about 5 cups of sauce which is a lot so cut the recipe in half if you don’t want that much, otherwise, you can freeze the rest of the barbecue sauce or dip your sandwiches in it! :)
You can make the pulled pork and BBQ sauce ahead of time, mix together, then reheat before serving. The pork and BBQ sauce also freezes well!
I topped my pulled pork sandwiches with a little sliced red onion but wish I had a little cilantro in the house as well.
Serve these pulled pork sliders with the remaining BBQ sauce and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy!
If you like cranberries, you might also like these White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies!
Slow Cooker Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders
- 6 lb bone-in pork butt (or use any size that will fit in your slow cooker)
- 4 cups beef broth divided
- 12 ounces tomato paste (1 - 12 ounce can)
- 28 ounces jellied cranberry sauce (2 - 14 ounce cans)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- small rolls
- sliced red onion (optional)
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Place pork in slow cooker. Add 3 2/3 cups beef broth to slow cooker, cover, and cook on low for about 8-10 hours or until pork is tender and falling apart.
- Meanwhile, prepare BBQ sauce. Mix together tomato paste, cranberry sauce, vinegar, remaining 1/3 cup beef broth, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, chipotle, garlic powder, and onion powder in small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk periodically until smooth and heated through then reduce temperature to low and cook another 15-30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove pork from slow cooker, pull apart with 2 forks. Mix with desired amount of BBQ sauce. Spoon pork into small rolls and top with onion and cilantro if desired.
(Nutrition data is provided when available for informational purposes only and calculated using an online nutritional calculator. For the most accurate information please calculate based on specific ingredients and brands you use as well as any changes you made to the recipe. I am not a certified nutritionist or registered dietician and any nutritional information provided should only be used as a general guideline and estimate.)