Pomegranate Chipotle Burger, easy summer recipe with a sweet and spicy homemade sauce. The best summer BBQ burger recipe for a crowd or just the family!
This post was sponsored by Heaven Hill Distilleries Heaven Hill Family of Brands. Bardstown, KY © 2015. All opinions are my own. (For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Pomegranate Chipotle Burger, an easy burger recipe with a fabulous sweet and spicy sauce with PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur! Forget plain ketchup and mustard, and try this sweet and spicy sauce instead to turn a boring party burger into the start of the meal. These burgers are the best backyard party food!
If you’ve been following Snappy Gourmet for a while, you may have seen my love for PAMA before and some of my cocktail recipes with PAMA. PAMA is definitely one of my favorite liqueurs so guess how excited I was to create some recipes for them?!
I love how natural and fruity PAMA tastes in all my drinks and not to mention how it’s both sweet and tart. It’s made with all-natural pomegranate juice, premium vodka, and a little tequila with a very light refreshing taste that is perfect for summer entertaining. It’s not only great in drinks, but you can use it for baking and cooking.
It’s great for party punches, sweet frozen treats, and a wide range of summer dishes such as these Pomegranate Chipotle Burgers. :) If you need more recipe inspiration there are lots of creative PAMA recipes on their website including cocktails, desserts, main dishes, and more.
I also have a new cocktail recipe with PAMA coming soon (preview in the photo above. Check out that beautiful ruby color!), but in the meantime, I know you’re going to love a Pomegranate Chipotle Burger. The homemade sauce with PAMA and chipotle is both sweet and spicy and turns a boring burger into something fancy with VERY little work.
The sauce only takes about 3o minutes to make and can easily be made ahead of time. I put some both IN the burger patty and ON the burger. The sauce is also great on sandwiches, ribs, steak, and all sorts of other things! Try not to eat it by the spoonful. :)
Hope you enjoy! You might also like this Pomegranate Limeade Sparkler!
Pomegranate Chipotle Burger
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 thin slices Monterrey Jack (or white cheddar) cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 6 rolls split and toasted
- Add PAMA, ketchup, brown sugar, lime juice, salt, chipotle, dried mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper to blender and process until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 20 minutes or until reduced by about 1/3. Cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, add beef, fresh cilantro and 1/3 cup of cooled PAMA sauce. With hands, gently combine then form into 6 patties.
- Grill burgers about 3-5 minutes per side over medium heat (or cook in pan on stovetop) or until desired doneness. During the last minute of cooking top each burger patty with 2 slices of cheese to melt.
- Assemble burgers by spreading some of the remaining sauce on the cut sides of the toasted rolls. Top bottom parts of rolls each with a burger patty, spinach, red onion, and top part of roll.
Other recipes with PAMA you may enjoy: