Lemon Rosemary Creamy Salad Dressing, an easy homemade creamy dressing recipe. Great on salads, but also the best over chicken and salmon, on sandwiches, and a fun dip for chips, pretzels, and even shrimp.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
This Lemon Rosemary Creamy Salad Dressing is similar to my recent Homemade Ranch Dressing but with a little fresh lemon and rosemary for a totally different taste. Check out my list of ideas below as well to see all the fun uses for this homemade dressing and dip.
My Rosemary, Lemon, and Feta Spread recipe has been so popular lately, that I couldn’t help coming up with something else with lemon and rosemary. That one is more of a “spread” where this recipe is more of a dressing and dip. This creamy salad dressing though is WAY more than JUST a salad dressing.
If you’re a big lemon fan, be sure to check out my other great lemon recipes like this great Lemon Loaf Cake, so good!
Let’s start though with how to make it…
How to make Lemon Rosemary Creamy Salad Dressing
The first thing to do is get all your ingredients together…
- mayonnaise (regular or low-fat)
- sour cream (regular or low-fat)
- milk (or buttermilk)
- lemon (zested and juiced)
- fresh rosemary (chopped if not using a food processor/blender)
- green onion (minced if not using a food processor/blender)
- fresh garlic (minced if not using a food processor/blender)
Instead of mayonnaise and/or sour cream, you could substitute a little plain unsweetened yogurt or Greek yogurt.
There are two ways to make this dressing, either by hand in a bowl OR with a small appliance such as a food processor or blender.
If you want to make the creamy salad dressing without the blender or food processor, mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Be sure to finely chop or mince the rosemary, green onion, and garlic.
If you don’t want to chop the garlic, green onion, and/or rosemary by hand, a food processor or blender is the way to go. However, please NOTE that it’s generally best to not put all the ingredients into the food processor or blender.
I have found when I do add all the ingredients, the food processor or blender, not only chops everything, BUT makes the dressing really thin and breaks down the mayonnaise and sour cream. I just leave out all or most of the mayonnaise and sour cream then mix that part in by hand.
Store the dressing covered in the fridge. I’d suggest letting it sit at least 2 hours or more before using but you can use it right away. It will still be good!
Ideas for Lemon Rosemary Creamy Salad Dressing
You can use this creamy salad dressing for a wide range of things such as…
- a sauce over grilled or baked chicken for a delicious lemon rosemary chicken
- a dip for chips, pretzels, shrimp, or even bread cubes
- a sandwich spread instead of mayonnaise
- a sauce over fish such as salmon
- a salad dressing or dressing for pasta, vegetable, or potato salad
This dressing is so versatile there are probably a million more ideas! It would be great with a potato salad and some Hard-Boiled Eggs in Oven!
Be sure to use fresh ingredients for best results.
Let me know how you use this dressing in the comments below!
Hope you enjoy this Lemon Rosemary Creamy Salad Dressing and Dip!
Lemon Rosemary Creamy Salad Dressing
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, and lemon zest and juice in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix in the rosemary leaves, green onion, garlic, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight for best results. Store covered in the fridge.