Kahlua Drizzled Butter Cookies recipe, an easy homemade butter cookies with chocolate and kahlua.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
These Kahlua Drizzed Butter Cookies will be my last cookie recipe for a little while and my last (4th) cookie that uses the basic dough that I have been writing about the last few days. I had a lot of fun coming up with 4 cookies using the same dough and hope to do something like this again sometime. Hope you enjoyed the other 3 recipes: Peppermint White Chocolate Sticks , Nutty Jam Nests, and Salted Peanut Butterscotch Cookies.
Today’s recipe Kahlua Drizzled Butter Cookies came about because I only had a little Kahlua left and thought if I used it up I’d have a better chance of getting a new bottle from Santa. If anyone has an in with Santa please put in a good word for me! Any liqueur would work well in these cookies, or omit it all together. You could also use a little vanilla instead of the Kahlua.
Unfortunately, the day I made these cookies I wasted a lot of chocolate chips trying to melt them. For more reasons than you really want me to elaborate on, the chocolate kept seizing turning solid and clumpy.
I was running out of chocolate fast, so I added a little butter/milk to the chocolate for more of a fool-proof method which is just what I needed that day.
Last look at the dough that I have been talking about…
After you chill the dough, roll it out to about 1/4-inch thickness and cut into squares. I used a square cookie cutter but you can use a knife and ruler if you don’t have a cookie cutter the right size.
When the dough is used all up and cut into squares, cut each square in half forming 2 triangles. Place the triangles on the baking sheets and bake then cool
When the cookies have cooled, make the chocolate drizzle and use a fork to drizzle the chocolate all over the cookies. I suggest placing the cookies on some waxed paper (or back on the parchment paper if you used some for baking) before drizzling with chocolate.
Drizzling the chocolate was a lot of fun! I probably should have let the kids help, but I was having too much fun!
Hope you enjoy these Kahlua Drizzled Butter Cookies!
Kahlua Drizzled Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together 1/2 cup butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer until well combined and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate small bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Beat into butter/sugar mixture until well combined. Wrap dough up in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until well chilled (can refrigerate overnight or up to a few days).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray baking sheets with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper or silpats.
- Roll the cookie dough out on parchment paper, silpat, or waxed paper. Until about a 1/4-inch thick. Cut dough into squares about 2 1/2-inch in diameter. Reroll dough and cut until dough is used up. Cut each square in half into 2 triangles.
- Place triangles on baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 14-17 minutes or until lightly browned underneath. Cool slightly then place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips, Kahlua, milk, and 1 teaspoon butter in small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on half power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth.
- Using a fork, drizzle chocolate over cookies. Cool completely for chocolate to set (or place in refrigerator to expedite cooling).
Other recipes with Kahlua you may enjoy:
- Kahlua Frappuccino – Amanda’s Cookin’
- Kahlua Chocolate Poke Cake – Sugar & Soul
- Kahlua Coconut Cream Affogato Popsicles – Yes to Yolks