Nutty Jam Nests Cookies recipe, easy homemade cookie cups with nuts and your favorite jam or jelly.
This next cookie recipe, Nutty Jam Nests Cookies, also uses the basic dough recipe from yesterday’s recipe (Peppermint White Chocolate Sticks) and just 3 additional ingredients: preserves/jam, nuts, and orange juice. You’ll need a mini muffin pan, although if you don’t have a mini muffin pan you could probably cook them on a cookie sheet like a regular cookie. You can use different types of jam or preserves and different kinds of nuts. Look at the bottom of the recipe for other tips and substitutions. I used strawberry preserves and pecans but only because that’s what we had in the house!
I’m having a few camera and photo issues so please bare with me while I try to get some of the lighting down in my kitchen. Unfortunately, some of these photos for this cookie did not turn out well but they’re good cookies, I swear!
Like I mentioned yesterday, I quadrupled the recipe for the basic dough, split into 4, wrapped, and refrigerated for 4 different recipes Peppermint White Chocolate Sticks , Nutty Jam Nests, Salted Peanut Butterscotch Cookies, and Kahlua Drizzled Butter Cookies.
Here’s a reminder what the basic cookie dough looks like…
After you roll the cookies in nuts press the cookie dough into a mini muffin pan and use the end of a wooden spoon to form an indentation in the middle of the cookies.
Then fill each indentation with jelly, jam, or preserves before baking.
Be sure to let them cool before you eat them.
Hope you enjoy!
Nutty Jam Nests
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar with electric mixer until well combined and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate small bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Beat into butter/sugar mixture until well combined. Wrap dough up in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until well chilled (can refrigerate overnight or up to a few days).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a (24 cup) mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. 4. Divide the cookie into 24 pieces and roll into balls. Roll balls in nuts then press a ball in each muffin cup.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon (or your finger) make a large indentation in the middle of each cookie. In a small bowl whisk together preserves/jam and orange juice until smooth then spoon into cookie indentations.
- Bake cookies about 22-26 minutes or until lightly browned.
(Nutrition data is provided when available for informational purposes only and calculated using an online nutritional calculator. For the most accurate information please calculate based on specific ingredients and brands you use as well as any changes you made to the recipe. I am not a certified nutritionist or registered dietician and any nutritional information provided should only be used as a general guideline and estimate.)
Other recipes with jam you may enjoy:
- Homemade Fig Newtons – Knead Bake Cook
- Strawberry Cake – Thula’s Cake Lab
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Stuffed French Toast – AI Made It For You