Try this easy homemade microwave Italian Brown Paper Bag Popcorn recipe and check out the list of popcorn topping ideas!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
This Italian Brown Paper Bag DIY Microwave Popcorn recipe is made in minutes right in your microwave! Summer vacation is in full swing here and I’m already trying to think of more ideas to keep my kids busy. When I told my kids we were going to do a kitchen “experiment” they were very excited.
I had heard from a few people that you could take regular popcorn and microwave it in a brown paper bag for DIY Microwave Popcorn. Sounded too good to be true but I was willing to give it a try! My kids LOVE popcorn so this was a perfect activity for them along with letting them come up with their own list of toppings!
This brown paper popcorn DIY microwave popcorn recipe doesn’t really need a lot of explanation. You put some popcorn in a brown paper bag, roll it up, then microwave for a few minutes. It works great!!! Deciding what you want to put ON the popcorn is the hard part!
Need a little inspiration for some popcorn toppings? Here are some ideas…
- melted butter or olive oil
- Parmesan cheese or any type of grated dry type cheese
- herbs & spices such lemon pepper, salt & pepper, Caribbean seasoning, Cajun seasoning, pizza seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, apple or pumpkin pie spice, or Asian spice mixes
- bacon crumbles
- truffle salt or truffle oil
- candy like M&Ms or chopped up candy bars
- chips like chocolate chips or peanut butter chips
- cookies like chopped up Oreos
- nuts like toasted peanuts, cashews, or pecans
- cocoa powder, sugar, & cinnamon
- Ranch or Italian seasoning mixes
- Buffalo or Hot sauce
- Shredded coconut or toasted coconut
- Cinnamon & Sugar
What’s your favorite popcorn topping??
Hope you enjoy this DIY Microwave Popcorn with Italian flavor as much as we did!
Italian Brown Paper Bag Popcorn
- Place popcorn in brown paper bag. Roll up the top a few times to close. Place bag in microwave so that bag is flat and rolled top is facing up. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until popping slows down.
- Top popcorn with desired amount of melted butter/margarine, cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt.