31+ easy homemade sauces that are better than store-bought! You won’t believe how quick and easy most of these sauces from scratch are to make. From Italian to Mexican, and everything in between a wide range of sauces for everyday use.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
You won’t believe how easy it is to make most of these 31+ homemade sauces. Many of them have only a handful of ingredients and ready in minutes. Wide range of sauces including American, Asian, Mexican, Italian, Indian, and more!
1. Homemade Alfredo Sauce – If you love Olive Garden’s Alfredo Sauce, or any Italian restaurant’s cheesy Alfredo Sauce for that matter, you won’t believe how easy it is to make Alfredo Sauce from scratch in minutes with just a handful of easy ingredients. You’ll want to make this all the time. People can’t get enough of this one and have pinning it like crazy!
2. Chimichurri Sauce – Full of fresh herbs and garlic, you’ll probably want to put this fresh Chimichurri Sauce on everything especially steaks.
3. Korean BBQ Sauce – Delicious homemade Asian sauce that is great on meat, stir-fries, lettuce wraps, and more.
5. Peruvian Green Sauce (Aji Verde) – If you’ve never heard of this sauce, you probably will soon. We get this at our local Peruvian restaurant and slather it on everything. Try making this quick and easy homemade version with cilantro and jalapenos.
6. 5 Minute Peanut Sauce – This quick and easy Peanut Sauce can be ready in 5 minutes and only has 5 ingredients. Can’t beat that!
7. Teriyaki Sauce – This Teriyaki Sauce from scratch is way better than anything you can get from a bottle! It has soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and ginger.
8. Boom Sauce – My family’s “secret” sauce that has been SO popular all over the internet! We make a big batch and store it in the refrigerator at all times! It’s kind of like the popular “Comeback Sauce”. It’s great on burgers, sandwiches, fries, and even shrimp and fish!
9. Creamy Horseradish Sauce – Perfect sauce to go with prime rib, steaks, or even roast beef sandwiches. Only a few ingredients so this sauce is quick and easy.
10. Enchilada Sauce – If you can’t get enough enchiladas at your local Mexican restaurant, try making them at home with this easy homemade Enchilada Sauce full of canned tomato sauce and spices. Or give this Green Enchilada Sauce a try, if that’s more your style.
11. Spinach Basil Pesto – This homemade pesto is great on pasta and many other dishes. It’s full of fresh spinach and basil. Don’t worry though, the kids won’t even know there’s spinach in there. For a fun alternative, you might also like this Cilantro Pesto with lots of fresh cilantro, cotija cheese, and almonds.
12. Tzatziki – This delicious Greek sauce is great over fish or chicken, but it’s also perfect as a dip or spread. Full of delicious Greek Yogurt, fresh herbs, and cucumbers this sauce is also great on Gyros and sandwiches.
13. Spicy Sweet Chili Sauce – Ready in just 10 minutes this sauce has vinegar, sugar, garlic, soy sauce, red chili flakes, and a few other easy ingredients.
14. Pizza Sauce – Homemade pizza sauce with canned tomatoes and spices. Easy!
15. Peri Peri Sauce – Delicious sauce or marinade with a spicy kick for chicken, beef, or pork. This sauce is full of flavor with chili peppers, onion, lemon, olive oil, vinegar, and bell peppers.
16. 30-Second Hollandaise Sauce – Only 4 ingredients in this sauce including egg yolks, salt, lemon juice, and butter for a quick sauce that is great on Eggs Benedict, asparagus, fish, potatoes, fries, even burgers.
17. Soy Sauce – Impress your friends and family with soy sauce made from scratch from soybeans and wheat berries.
18. Instant Pot Hot Sauce – No need to buy hot sauce when you can make your own with fresh pepper and vinegar. Think of all the variations you could make!
19. Honey Mustard Sauce – Ready in two minutes, this thick and tangy sauce has a hint of smoky flavor. I think I’d put it on everything!
20. Stir-Fry Sauce – Use this homemade stir-fry sauce for vegetables, chicken, beef, shrimp, and pork. Store in the fridge or freezer for later!
21. Indian Curry Sauce – Basic Indian Curry Sauce, also known as Bhuna Masala, made with onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, and spices.
22. Marinara Sauce – The perfect spaghetti sauce full of tomatoes! You won’t believe how good homemade can be.
23. Steak Sauce – The perfect easy steak sauce with a great combination of flavor including onion, garlic, chiles, tomato paste, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and mustard!
24. Béchamel Sauce – This basic white sauce is a great one to learn if you haven’t made it before. All simple ingredients in this sauce including butter, flour, milk, and salt, and pepper.
25. Cheese Sauce – This easy cheddar cheese sauce is great for drizzling over vegetables and potatoes.
26. Sweet & Sour Sauce – Ready in no time, and way better than anything you buy at the store! You’ll be making your own Chinese “take-out” at home.
27. Bolognese Sauce – This slowly simmered tomato sauce is full of chopped veggies and ground meat and perfect over pasta such as fettuccine or tagliatelle.
28. Buffalo Sauce – Homemade Buffalo Sauce with just a few ingredients. Toss with your favorite chicken wings!
29. Tartar Sauce – Great for fish and seafood with just a handful of ingredients including mayonnaise, pickles, pickle juice, and onion in this homemade sauce.
30. Cocktail Sauce – So kind of more of a condiment than a sauce, but delicious nonetheless! Perfect for fish and seafood and full of flavor with ketchup and horseradish.
31. Taco Sauce – Just canned tomatoes and spices are all you need for this quick and easy Taco Sauce.
Would love to hear about your favorite homemade sauces in the comments!