Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe including 3 flavors, Original, Mexican, and Peppermint. Great holiday or homemade Christmas gift!
Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe including 3 flavors (Original Hot Chocolate, Peppermint Hot Chocolate, and Mexican Hot Chocolate) for you today! EASY to make, ready in minutes, and this homemade hot chocolate is a great homemade Christmas gift, birthday gift, teacher’s gift, or just because gift! Include some fun toppings like crushed peppermint (or candy canes) candy, mini chocolate chips, and/or mini marshmallows with your Homemade Hot Chocolate and you have a fun gift that everyone will love!
You should be able to find all the ingredients for this Homemade Hot Chocolate right in your grocery store including the instant powdered milk such as Carnation Instant Dry Milk. It does help to have a food processor to process everything to make it a little finer, but it will still work if you don’t have one. You may need to adjust the amounts of the ingredients and spices to your personal taste.
I like to include some of my favorite toppings like mini chocolate chips, crushed candy canes, and mini marshmallows and put everything in decorated bags or small mason jars. You could also make some cute homemade labels! This Homemade Hot Cocoa also makes a great stocking stuffer for the foodies in your life! If you’re looking for another fun homemade gift, check out this DIY Vanilla extract and Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix – 6 flavors. These Gingersnap Roasted Candied Pecans are also a great homemade edible gift idea!
Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix (Original, Mexican, & Peppermint)
- hot water (or hot milk, coconut milk, or almond milk)
- whipped cream or whipped topping
- mini chocolate chips crushed peppermint candy, and/or mini marshmallows
- Place powdered milk, powdered sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in food processor and process until fine consistency and combined. Remove and pour mix into storage container.
- To serve, mix about 3-4 tablespoons of mix to one cup of hot water (or milk) and top with desired toppings.
(Nutrition data is provided when available for informational purposes only and calculated using an online nutritional calculator. For the most accurate information please calculate based on specific ingredients and brands you use as well as any changes you made to the recipe. I am not a certified nutritionist or registered dietician and any nutritional information provided should only be used as a general guideline and estimate.)
Other Hot Chocolate inspired recipe you may enjoy:
- Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Cocktail – Snappy Gourmet
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Sandwich Cookies – Snappy Gourmet
- Hot Chocolate Cookies – Kirbie’s Cravings
- Gluten Free Hot Chocolate Cupcakes – Cookie Monster Cooking