Creamy Parmesan Cauliflower Soup, an easy recipe great in the summer or anytime of year. Add your fave toppings like corn, bacon, and green onion.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
I love this Creamy Parmesan Cauliflower Soup year-round! I think it’s light enough for warmer months, yet fulfilling enough for colder months too. This recipe makes a lot of soup, but you could easily cut the recipe in half. I like the bigger batch so I can freeze it in small containers and have quick and easy meals for a couple of months. I used Parmesan cheese but you could use your favorite variety of cheese. Top with your favorite toppings such as more cheese, bacon, green onion, croutons, and/or crackers just to name a few!
I love making soups year round, making big batches, and freezing it in small containers for quick lunches. Just defrost in the microwave or overnight in the fridge and you have a meal in no time! If you like soup, I posted a few other recipes over the last few months including Shrimp Broccoli & Cheese Soup and Shrimp & Veggie Egg Drop Soup that you might like.
An immersion blender definitely comes in handy when making soup including this cauliflower soup! If you do not have an immersion blender you can process the soup in small batches in a blender or food processor BUT make sure you leave the top partly off to allow the steam to escape otherwise you are going to end up with a BIG mess! Hope you enjoy this Creamy Parmesan Cauliflower Soup!
Hope you enjoy!
Creamy Parmesan Cauliflower Soup
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 (12 oz.) cans evaporated milk
- 2 heads of cauliflower chopped (about 20 cups)
- 3 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Toppings (optional): cheese, bacon, green onion, croutons, and/or crackers
- Place chicken broth, evaporated milk, and cauliflower in a large pot over medium-high heat; cover pot. Bring to a boil, remove lid, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook about 15-20 minutes or until cauliflower is soft and tender. Use an immersion blender to process soup (or process in batches in blender or food processor being careful to leave top partly off to let steam escape).
- Stir in cheese, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Makes about 20 cups of soup (about 10 large servings, or 10 small servings)
SNAPPY TIPS: If the soup is not quite thick enough for your liking, add a little cornstarch/water to thicken. Top the soup with your favorite toppings such as more cheese, bacon, green onion, croutons, or crackers. This makes a lot of soup, so put it in small freezer safe containers for easy and quick meals over the next few months.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: I used Sargento’s Artisan Blend Parmesan, but you can use any kind of shredded Parmesan, Italian Blend, or good melting cheese.