This Easy Eggnog Cake recipe post is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Easy Eggnog Cake, a quick Christmas or holiday dessert recipe for you today! The holidays are upon us and this Eggnog Cake tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen, but thanks to Pillsbury™ cake mix and frosting, you don’t have to. The best part of this eggnog cake is that it can also double as a fabulous breakfast coffee cake. So make two; one for dessert, and one for breakfast. How great is that?!
First thing I did to get started on this Easy Eggnog Cake was I headed to my local Ahold store, Stop&Shop®, to purchase all my ingredients. Bonus: Pillsbury™ products were on sale! I LOVE starting with cake mixes and then adding my own flavors. Since it’s eggnog season I thought it would be an easy way to spruce up a cake mix. T
Lots of fabulous flavors of cake mixes and frostings to choose from, but I decided to start with Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Cake Mix and Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Frosting. I thought they would both go well with the eggnog flavor.
Besides the cake mix and frosting there are only 5 other ingredients: nuts, eggnog (nonalcoholic), cinnamon, butter, and eggs. That’s it! I love how quick and easy this is! Less time in the kitchen, means more time with the family over the holidays and I’m all for that.
To start, measure out a cup of the cake mix and add in the nuts, some cinnamon, and cold butter to make a crumb topping. To make the cake, combine the rest of the cake mix, some melted butter, eggnog, eggs, and a little cinnamon. Sprinkle the crumb topping over the cake batter in the pan and bake.
After the Eggnog Cake cools, mix together a little eggnog and frosting to make it a “drizzle” consistency. I like a lot of frosting drizzle on top of my cake but you can add as much or as little as you want, or let everyone do their own drizzle. That’s it!
As I mentioned, this cake could also be served as a breakfast coffee cake. So if you have a lot of events coming up, double the recipe, bake in two pans (the disposable aluminum pans are great too if you’ll be traveling!), and you have 2 dishes perfect for dessert or breakfast. This cake will certainly “wow” your friends and family and no one will ever guess how easy it was to make. Hope you enjoy!
Be sure to visit Pillsbury™ for more information, tips, and easy recipes and follow them on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for even more fun ideas! Follow #TheDessertDebate for more fun and recipes!
Easy Eggnog Cake Recipe
- 1 (15.25 oz.) Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Cake Mix divdied
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon divided
- 1/4 cup cold butter cubed + 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2/3 + 1/2 cup (nonalcoholic) eggnog divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8x8-inch square baking pan.
- In a small bowl place 1 cup of cake mix, nuts, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix to combine. With two knives gently cut in 1/4 cup cold butter until crumb forms. Set aside.
- Place remaining cake mix in large bowl. Add 1/3 cup melted butter, 2/3 cup eggnog, eggs, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix until just combined. Pour cake mix into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture on top of cake batter. Bake cake about 30-35 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together 1 cup frosting and remaining 1/2 cup of eggnog. Drizzle over top of cooled cake.
Would love to hear what you’re baking and making this holiday season. What’s your favorite holiday recipe?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.