Easy Eggnog Cake, a fun holiday cake recipe full of eggnog and easy frosting!
Easy Eggnog Cake, a quick Christmas or holiday dessert recipe for you today! The holidays are upon us and this Eggnog Cake tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen, but thanks to a cake mix and premade frosting, you don’t have to. The best part of this eggnog cake is that it can also double as a fabulous breakfast coffee cake. So make two; one for dessert, and one for breakfast. How great is that?!
I LOVE starting with cake mixes and then adding my own flavors. Since it’s eggnog season I thought it would be an easy way to spruce up a cake mix.
If you’re a big eggnog fan, you may also like my Homemade Chocolate Eggnog, delish!
Besides the cake mix and frosting, there are only 5 other ingredients: nuts, eggnog (nonalcoholic), cinnamon, butter, and eggs. That’s it! I love how quick and easy this is! Less time in the kitchen means more time with the family over the holidays and I’m all for that.
To start, measure out a cup of the cake mix and add in the nuts, some cinnamon, and cold butter to make a crumb topping. To make the cake, combine the rest of the cake mix, some melted butter, eggnog, eggs, and a little cinnamon. Sprinkle the crumb topping over the cake batter in the pan and bake.
After the Eggnog Cake cools, mix together a little eggnog and frosting to make it a “drizzle” consistency. I like a lot of frosting drizzle on top of my cake but you can add as much or as little as you want, or let everyone do their own drizzle. That’s it!
As I mentioned, this cake could also be served as a breakfast coffee cake. So if you have a lot of events coming up, double the recipe, bake in two pans (the disposable aluminum pans are great too if you’ll be traveling!), and you have 2 dishes perfect for dessert or breakfast. This cake will certainly “wow” your friends and family and no one will ever guess how easy it was to make. Hope you enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this fun Easy Eggnog Cake! Might want to make some fun Cinnamon Roll Eggnog to go with it!
Easy Eggnog Cake Recipe
- 1 (15.25 oz.) Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Cake Mix divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon divided
- 1/4 cup cold butter cubed + 1/3 cup melted butter, divided
- 2/3 eggnog (nonalcoholic)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Frosting
- 1/2 cup eggnog (nonalcoholic)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8x8-inch square baking pan.
- In a small bowl place 1 cup of cake mix, nuts, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix to combine. With two knives gently cut in 1/4 cup cold butter until crumb forms. Set aside.
- Place remaining cake mix in large bowl. Add 1/3 cup melted butter, 2/3 cup eggnog, eggs, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix until just combined. Pour cake mix into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture on top of cake batter. Bake cake about 30-35 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together 1 cup frosting and remaining 1/2 cup of eggnog. Drizzle over top of cooled cake.
(Nutrition data is provided when available for informational purposes only and calculated using an online nutritional calculator. For the most accurate information please calculate based on specific ingredients and brands you use as well as any changes you made to the recipe. I am not a certified nutritionist or registered dietician and any nutritional information provided should only be used as a general guideline and estimate.)