Cinnamon Carrot Soup Shooters with Maple Glazed Bacon, an easy creamy carrot soup served in shot glasses for a fun appetizer! BEST way to start a dinner!
This post is sponsored by Libby’s®. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting brands I love so I can keep bringing you more fabulous recipes! (For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Cinnamon Carrot Soup Shooters with Maple Glazed Bacon, a quick and easy homemade carrot soup recipe served in little shot glasses with crispy bacon! This easy homemade carrot soup is also an appetizer perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or could even be a quick weeknight dinner. Thanks to Libby’s® Sliced Carrots these carrot soup shooters are ready in less than 30 minutes and inexpensive to make!
Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away, yikes! Feeling stressed yet? Deep breaths, deep breaths. You’ll love these Cinnamon Carrot Soup Shooters with Maple Glazed Bacon. LOVE them! Be sure to check out my Cream of Brussels Sprout Soup recipe too!
They are perfect for your Thanksgiving feast! This homemade soup is quick and easy and ready in less than 30 minutes. We always need a little more veggies on Thanksgiving, don’t you? I’m all for pumpkin pie but veggies are good too.
These little soup shooters are perfect to add a little more nutrition to the meal. Libby’s® vegetables are great for a Thanksgiving feast and can easily be substituted for your recipe favorites.
Libby’s® has a wide range of fruits and vegetables and all very affordable so a great choice for a crowd and a Thanksgiving feast. These carrot soup shooters only cost about $0.40 each so perfect for any family!
Want a little help with your Thanksgiving feast? This Thanksgiving season, Libby’s® is also hosting a great sweepstakes where 10 lucky winners will win a $350 Visa gift card to help towards the perfect Thanksgiving feast.
I can’t wait to see what you come up with! For more details visit http://www.getbacktothetable.com/cansgiving and enter soon since the deadline is November 19th!
I have a few quick notes on these little Cinnamon Carrot Soup Shooters. First, you’re going to want to cook the carrot soup and the bacon at the same time so there’s a little time management involved.
You could cook one after the other, but then it will take a lot longer. Best thing to do is preheat your oven for the bacon while you’re prepping the other ingredients. Don’t worry it’s all in the directions below.
For the bacon, I like to cook it in the oven, but you could also fry it in a pan if you’d prefer. I like to line a large baking sheet (with sides) or jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil and place my bacon on a cooling rack on top to let the grease drain below but you can put the bacon right on the foil.
I hope this is common sense, but if using a basking sheet please be sure the baking sheet you use has sides so that the grease doesn’t run off to the bottom of your oven, very important! While the bacon is in the oven, make the carrot soup in a small saucepan on the stovetop.
When your soup is ready, purée with an immersion blender or blender. If you’re using a blender, be very careful blending the hot liquid. To prevent an explosion, be sure to leave the lid partly off to let the steam out. Or you could let the soup cool completely before using the blender.
I like the cute little shooters for a fun soup appetizer, but you could certainly serve the soup in regular bowls with chopped bacon on top. It would make a great weeknight dinner!
The soup and bacon can actually be made ahead of time if you want. Store the soup and bacon separately in the fridge for up to a few days. You can reheat the carrot soup in a small saucepan over medium heat or heat the soup up in the microwave.
For the bacon, you can reheat in the microwave (wrap in some paper towels), or I like to put in my toaster oven on aluminum foil in a little pan for a few minutes. You could also reheat the bacon in your oven. What ever you do, just be careful, because the bacon may burn fast!
Hope you enjoy Cinnamon Carrot Soup Shooters with Maple Glazed Bacon!
Cinnamon Carrot Soup Shooters with Maple Glazed Bacon Recipe
- 10 slices bacon , cut in half
- 1/3 cup maple syrup , divided
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Libby’s<sup>®</sup> Sliced Carrots, drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon (+ more for garnish if desired) cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- dash garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet (with sides) with aluminum foil. Place bacon in single layer on baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 15-20 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven, drain off fat. Brush bacon with maple syrup (reserving 2 tablespoons for later), and cook bacon an additional 1-2 minutes. Let cool a few minutes, then move bacon to plate.
- Meanwhile, add carrots, broth, onion, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, celery salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and the reserved 2 tablespoons maple syrup in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, then simmer about 15 minutes or until onions are soft.
- When soup is done, purée with an immersion blender (or purée in batches in a blender but be sure to leave top partly off to allow steam out), add in cream and remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup, stir to combine. Cool slightly.
- To serve, spoon soup into shot glasses. Place a half slice of bacon in each. Sprinkle additional cinnamon on top if desired.
SNAPPY TIPS: Depending on how thick your bacon is, you may need to adjust the cooking time. The recipe makes about 4 cups of soup, depending on the size of your shot glasses, the servings may vary.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: If you're watching your sugar intake, you can omit the maple syrup or use your favorite sweetener.