Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Casserole, an easy family friendly meal and comfort food for anytime of the year! It’s also a great make ahead meal, freezer friendly meal, potluck dish, and meal to help a family/friend in need. Speaking of comfort food and helping people, I’m teaming up with other food bloggers today to help support fellow food blogger Ashley from CenterCutCook who could use some prayers and help!
Before I tell you about this awesome recipe for my Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Casserole I want to tell you about Ashley and her sweet family. I’ve never met Ashley in-person, but I know her through various food blogger circles and groups and she is the most helpful, kind, inspiring, and positive person! When you hear her story, your heart will break as mine has. Ashley and her husband Ryan found out they were expecting their first child, then found out a week later that Ryan (only 29 years old and healthy) had Stage 4 Colon Cancer. Then their baby boy was diagnosed with a rare disease Primary Hyperoxaluria (type 1) and will need a life-saving liver and kidney transplant. It’s a lot for one family to handle! And to top it all off, Ryan was in a car accident recently and wrecked his car. I’m sure God has a plan for them, but in the meantime they could really use some help.
My heart breaks for this sweet young family and anything you can offer them would be greatly appreciated whether it’s prayers, money (even if just a dollar), or maybe you know someone from a national talk show that could help them out. Please consider giving, sharing their story, and helping this sweet family! You can follow their story and show support by following #TeamRyan and joining them on Facebook. Thank you for anything you can do!
So when a group of food bloggers decided to get together and all post comfort recipes today in honor of Ashley and her family, I knew this Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Casserole would be perfect. You can see all the other fabulous comfort recipes other food bloggers posted below. This Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Casserole is a baked pasta and casserole all in one! Full of comfort including chicken, ham, pasta, and of course lots of cheesy goodness!
I don’t have any prep photos but this casserole is super easy and also a great way to use leftover chicken and ham. Have any leftover ham from Easter in the back of your freezer?? :)
You could also add some veggies like chopped onions and/or bell peppers, precooked sliced mushrooms, peas, or even chopped slightly precooked broccoli would be great.
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and/or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
|Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Casserole|| |
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk (or heavy cream)
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or Italian blend)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 2 cups chopped precooked chicken
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir in flour. When well combined, slowly whisk in milk (or cream). Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Add Swiss, mozzarella (or Italian blend) cheese, mustard, salt, garlic, and pepper until cheese is well melted. Stir in ham and chicken.
- Add drained pasta to cheese sauce and stir to combine. Pour into an ungreased 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle top with bread crumbs. Lightly drizzle melted butter over bread crumbs.
- Bake pasta at 350 degrees F for about 25 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and bread crumbs are golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: I just used fat free milk but you could use any milk or heavy cream. Substitute your favorite melting cheese for the Swiss or mozzarella.
Check out these other great comfort food recipes that food bloggers are posting today:
- Easy Chicken Broccoli Bake – Sugar Dish Me
- Mexican Chicken Manicotti – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Paleo Casserole with Turkey, Peppers, Zucchini, and Tomato – Food Faith & Fitness
- Chicken Noodle Casserole (from Scratch) – Spend with Pennies
- Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini – Wishes & Dishes
- Pizza Pierogi Casserole – Frugal Foodie Mama
- Chicken and Mushroom Tortellini Bake – Miss in the Kitchen
- Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole – Life, Love, and Good Food
- Quick and Easy Summer Chicken Salad – Bless This Mess
- 30 Freezer Meals – Mandy’s Recipe Box
- Baked Parmesan Meatball Casserole – Hugs and Cookies
- Veal & Wild Mushroom Stew – Barbara Bakes
- Sausage, Roasted Red Pepper, & Gouda Macaroni & Cheese – A Cedar Spoon
- Easy Cheese & Sausage Pizza Bake – It’s Yummi
- Easy Freezer Meatballs – A Family Feast
- Homemade Goulash – Stuck on Sweet
- 5-Ingredient Easy Pasta Bake – Two Healthy Kitchens
- Peach Skillet Gallette – It Bakes Me Happy