Beet & Bean Salad Crostini, a recipe just in time for Easter parties and spring entertaining! Plus a great giveaway courtesy of Libby’s Fruits & Vegetables! These Beet & Bean Salad Crostini are super easy to make and they’re a quick appetizer or snack for Easter or any upcoming parties you may have. Quick, delicious, and easy! Doesn’t get much better than that!
I love creating easy appetizers and snacks! I don’t know what it is about small bites but I can never get enough and love creating more! When Libby’s contacted me about coming up with an appetizer to help celebrate their new Facebook Digital Recipe Box and their new Pinterest page I had all sorts of ideas running through my head. Want your family to eat more fruits and veggies? Check out Libby’s new digital recipe box app which is exclusively on Facebook with 100+ recipes using Libby’s products. You can easily share your favorite recipes with friends or print recipes out. Libby’s has also launched a new Pinterest page so be sure to follow them. Libby’s is also offering one lucky Snappy Gourmet a great prize so read below for more info.
First, let’s talk about these Beet & Bean Salad Crostini! This recipe costs about $0.28/serving although it’s probably even less than that for most of the country since I’m outside of NYC and our food prices are CRAZY! For my crostini, I started with one can of each Libby’s Sliced Beets and Libby’s Cut Green Beans.
Drain the vegetables (give them a little rinse if you’d like), then finely chop both the beans and beets and place in a large bowl. Since the beans are already cut and the beets are already sliced it really only takes a few minutes to chop them both. Such a great time saver! Mix the beans and beets with the onions and chives as well as the orange vinaigrette. Cover the bowl and store the salad in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
While the salad is in the fridge, slice a long baguette into about 36 thin slices. Don’t worry if you get a few more or a few less slices. Just go with it.
Brush the baguette slices with a little olive oil, then bake for a few minutes per side or until they’re golden brown on both sides and toasted.
Top the toasted slices with a littler farmer’s cheese (or cream cheese). Spoon some of the beet and bean salad on top along with some chopped walnuts and chopped chives. That’s it! Simple, right??? I LOVE the colors of the beets and beans together! So colorful!
You can make the beet and bean salad ahead of time and store in the fridge overnight but just assemble the crostini before serving so that the bread doesn’t get soggy. Also, be sure to NOT add the nuts to the salad ahead of time. The nuts will get soggy if you do. You can also serve the beet and bean salad as a side dish (without the bread). If you decide to serve as a side dish, mix in some nuts and pieces of farmer’s cheese before serving.
Ok, who’s ready for a contest???
SNAPPY GOURMET – LIBBY’S GIVEAWAY:
(Check out my GIVEAWAY page regularly for more sweeps!)
***Contest has closed. Thanks for entering!
This is a sponsored post. I was compensated by Libby’s to develop a recipe and post. Prize package was supplied by Libby’s. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
|Beet & Bean Salad Crostini|| || |
- 1 (15 oz.) can Libby's Sliced Beets, drained & diced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Libby's Cut Green Beans, drained & diced
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- ⅓ cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 36 thin baguette slices (about 1 long baguette)
- 8 oz. farmer's cheese (or softened cream cheese)
- 1 cup chopped & toasted walnuts
- Garnish (optional): chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add beets, beans, red onion, and chives to large mixing bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, orange juice, mustard, garlic, pepper, and salt until well combined. Pour over vegetables and mix gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush baguette slices lightly with remaining olive oil. Place onto baking sheets and cook bread about 3-5 minutes per slide or until toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Spread cheese over one side of each baguette slice. Spoon vegetable salad on top then top with nuts and chives if desired.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Substitute cream cheese for farmer's cheese if desired. Other nuts such as pecans or almonds, may be substituted for walnuts.
[For more recipes visit Snappy Gourmet (http://www.snappygourmet.com); sign-up for posts via email or RSS; or follow on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.]