You know I love my Buffalo Chicken recipes! I love thinking of new recipes and twists on the classic buffalo chicken wings! So introducing…my Buffalo Chicken Biscuit Poppers! Dip these Buffalo Chicken Biscuit Poppers in some blue cheese or ranch and they’re the perfect bite-size tailgating or Superbowl appetizer recipe! If you love buffalo type recipes, check out my recipe index for many more “buffalo” recipes!
You can easily change the filling of these Buffalo Chicken Biscuit Poppers. You can add more/less veggies, chicken, and hot sauce for your personal tastes. You could add cooked shrimp instead of chicken, or forget the meat all together and make a vegetarian version.
To start, make your filling. I used chicken, carrots, celery, and red onion. Make sure everything if VERY finely chopped. Then add some hot sauce or buffalo sauce (I like Frank’s) and a little lemon juice. I added a little garlic powder and salt/pepper. Mix it all together. For the biscuit part of these Buffalo Chicken Biscuit Poppers, I used Pillsbury Grands! Refrigerated Biscuits. Cut each biscuit into quarters then flatten each quarter into a circle. Put a heaping teaspoon into the center of each round then bring up sides and roll into a ball.
When you break the biscuits open or take a bite, you’ll see all the yummy buffalo filling!
Serve with some blue cheese dip or ranch or a combination of both. I actually like to mix ranch and blue cheese together.
You can also serve with some vegetables such as carrots and celery.
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
|Buffalo Chicken Biscuit Poppers||
- 1 cup finely chopped precooked chicken
- ¼ cup finely chopped carrots
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2-3 tablespoons buffalo sauce (such as Frank’s)
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- dash garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 (8 count) large refrigerated biscuits (such as Pillsbury Grands!)
- 1 egg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray baking sheet(s) with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Mix together chicken, carrots, celery, and red onion. Add 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and salt/pepper. Add more buffalo sauce as desired for preferred heat level.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters and flatten into rounds. Place a heaping teaspoon of filling in center of each biscuit round. Fold up sides around filling and roll into ball.
- Place biscuit poppers onto prepared pan(s). If you would like a shiny golden brown appearance, whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon of water and brush on top of poppers. Bake poppers for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve poppers with blue cheese or ranch dip and carrots and/or celery as desired.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Substitute other vegetables or meat (such as shrimp) as desired.
Other Buffalo recipes you may enjoy:
- Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs – Curry & Comfort
- Buffalo Chicken Nachos – Baked by Rachel
- Buffalo Cauliflower – A Couple Cooks
Check out my Recipe Index