This Mediterranean Feta & Shrimp Pasta is snappy enough to make for any night of the week and it is delicious! It’s loaded with shrimp, tomatoes, feta, fresh asparagus, pasta, and fresh parsley or basil! Lots of variation possibilities too! Plus, I’m happy to announce that I have another giveaway for you all so be sure to enter!
To start, get your water boiling for your pasta. I used angel hair pasta but you could use any kind of pasta, including whole wheat. The sauce would also be great over spaghetti squash if you want a lower carb option. Next cut your asparagus in half or thirds and roast in the oven until just tender. You could boil or microwave your asparagus if you prefer not to heat your oven, but I LOVE roasted asparagus and think it works great in this dish!
While the asparagus is cooking, start making your sauce. When your sauce is just about done, THEN cook your pasta just until it’s al dente. Drain your pasta then let it cook a little more in the sauce in the pan. Mix in your herbs, and you’re done!
I like to use flat left parsley in this dish, but didn’t happen to have any on hand so used a little fresh basil instead.
You can definitely change some of the ingredients such as baby peas, mushrooms, and/or onions for the asparagus. You can omit the wine or substitute broth (such as chicken broth or seafood stock). You could even substitute cooked chicken for the shrimp or make this a vegetarian meal and omit the meat all together. The feta cheese makes the sauce creamy but not too heavy. Enjoy!
To make your meal prep a little easier I have a great prize for one lucky reader! Edgeware will be giving one lucky reader one of their new Angle Adjust Adjustable Manual Knife Sharpeners and one of their new V-etched Better Zesters.
The V-etched Better Zester has a storage container right on the back so that as you’re zesting your chocolate, garlic, citrus, ginger, or whatever, everything goes right into the storage container! Love that! I also love that it is ergonomically shaped and the handle is comfortable to hold. That helped keep my fingers away from the zester so I didn’t “zest” my fingers!!
The Angle Adjust Adjustable Manual Knife Sharpener has an angle adjust with guides if you’re sharpening Asian or European knives! You can even sharpen serrated knives which can be a little tricky to sharpen! My knives are now as good as new! It’s also very comfortable and easy to hold.
SNAPPY GOURMET – EDGEWARE GIVEAWAY:
(Check out my GIVEAWAY page regularly for more giveaways!)
Edgeware has graciously offered to give one reader one of their new Angle Adjust Adjustable Manual Knife Sharpeners and one of their new V-etched Better Zesters. (Value of total prize is approximately $55)
You have up to 10 chances to win so you can leave up to 10 comments (1 VALID comment = 1 entry). To enter, leave a SEPARATE comment for each entry using the comment form below on THIS blog post…
1) Leave a comment telling me what’s your favorite knife or kitchen utensil? Is there one that you couldn’t live without? (1 entry)
4) Leave a comment if you have posted about this giveaway with the link (http://snappygourmet.com/giveaways-enter-now/) on YOUR FACEBOOK page, YOUR TWITTER account, or if you pinned this giveaway to YOUR PINTEREST boards.
Include something like “I just entered to win a prize package from @snappygourmet & @SmithsEdgeware #giveaway http://snappygourmet.com/giveaways-enter-now/” . (1 entry each, no more than 3 total)
NOTE: COMMENTS MUST BE LEFT HERE ON THIS BLOG POST TO BE VALID! Comments left on Snappy Gourmet’s Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest page, sent by email, or anywhere else will NOT count and will not be entered in this giveaway. I will be using random.org to choose winning entry(ies). The number next to your comment here on this post is your entry number. If the comment(s) with those chosen number(s) are valid and follow all rules, they win, if not, new number(s) will be chosen.
Up to 10 entries per person (no automated entries or cheating allowed). Entries that are not valid and multiple entries will not be considered and will be thrown out when choosing winners. Each entry must be a separate comment and not a reply to a comment and not multiple entries within one comment. You must be 18 years or older and a United States Resident to enter. Prizes will be mailed to U.S. addresses only and can not be mailed to P.O. Boxes. Contest is void where prohibited by law. Giveaway is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. All entries must be received by Thursday, June 21st, 2012, 11:59pm EST.
Snappy Gourmet will choose a winner using Random.org based on the number of valid entries on or around June 22nd, 2012. One prize per person. Winner will be notified by email and have 3 days to respond with their address before an alternate winner will be chosen and notified. Prize(s) may be sent by me or the sponsor of this giveaway.
Prize was supplied by Edgeware. Snappy Gourmet received the above mentioned products to try but did not receive any other personal compensation. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
|Mediterranean Feta & Shrimp Pasta||
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch (about 1 lb.) of fresh asparagus, ends cut off then cut in half or thirds if long
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28oz.) can diced tomatoes (don’t drain)
- ½ cup wine (optional)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- salt/pepper to taste
- 8 oz. dry pasta such as angel hair
- ½ cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Garnish (optional): crumbled feta cheese and chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil on the stovetop.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil on a large baking sheet. Toss asparagus in baking sheet with oil then spread to single layer. Bake about 15-20 minutes or until soft.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add garlic, cook about 1 minute. Add can of tomatoes (including liquid), and wine. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sauce is slightly reduced. Add feta cheese and cook another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is just about melted. Add shrimp and cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until shrimp is cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When sauce is just about done, cook your pasta. Drain pasta and stir into sauce along with your asparagus and fresh parsley.
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
Other pasta dishes I thought you would enjoy:
- Creamy Pea & Mint Spaghetti – Sips & Spoonfuls
- Bow Tie Pasta in Asparagus Sauce – Pham Fatale
- Pasta with Bacon & Peas – Cooking with My Kid