Day 3 of my Saucy Mama recipes for their Fab with Five Recipe Challenge! 5 recipes coming to you this week for the contest! Be sure to check out the recipes from earlier this week. For today’s recipe I used the Saucy Mama Sweet Heat marinade both in my burgers and in the topping. The marinade is sweet and spicy and would be great on meat, in salads, and even as a dip! Don’t forget to enter my GIVEAWAY sponsored by Saucy Mama!
These burgers are cute as a button and a great appetizer or main dish. They go great with the sweet potato fries I posted yesterday and also another dish I have coming up tomorrow!
Recipe #4 is up tomorrow…
|Sweet Heat Mango Chicken Sliders||
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ¼ cup SAUCY MAMA Sweet Heat Marinade, divided
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive oil for pan
- 1 cup ripe mango, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 6 small rolls, split & toasted if desired
- In a large mixing bowl gently combine ground chicken, 2 tablespoons marinade, and salt and pepper to taste. Form into 6 small patties.
- Coat bottom of large skillet with oil and place over medium high-heat. When pan is hot, cook patties about 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combined remaining marinade, mango, and red onion in small bowl.
- Place cooked patties on bottom parts of rolls, top with mango onion mix, then top with top part of roll.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: You could substitute other ground meats for the chicken such as pork, turkey, or beef. If you don’t like mango you could substitute other fruit such as ripe peaches, melon, etc.
[For more recipes visit Snappy Gourmet (http://www.snappygourmet.com); sign-up for posts via email or RSS; or follow on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.]