Cheesy Sloppy Joe Bread Bowls, an easy 30-minute meal and fun twist on sloppy joe sandwiches with beef, a homemade sauce, cheese, and pretzel rolls.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
An easy 30-minute meal recipe for you today, Cheesy Sloppy Joe Bread Bowls with LAND O LAKES® Sharp Cheddar American Blend! A fun twist on sloppy joe sandwiches with ground beef, an easy homemade sloppy joe sauce, pretzel rolls, and Sharp Cheddar American Blend! Delicious and ready in 30 minutes, making this recipe perfect for a quick weeknight meal anytime of the year and especially this summer. Plus, a great giveaway and prize for a lucky reader today, so be sure to enter below!
Disclosure: Snappy Gourmet has partnered with Land O’ Lakes for an exclusive endorsement of LAND O LAKES® Sharp Cheddar American Blend. This blog post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes. All opinions are my own.
I was so excited when Land O’Lakes contacted me about trying their new Sharp Cheddar American Blend. My family LOVES cheese. All of us. Every. single. one. of. us. loves. cheese. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on their new product and it did not disappoint! My kids have been nibbling on it all day.
I also couldn’t wait to try Sharp Cheddar American Blend in a new recipe I’ve had in the back of my mind for a while, Cheesy Sloppy Joe Bread Bowls. It worked great! LAND O LAKES® Sharp Cheddar American Blend melts smooth like American, but is also bold and sharp like cheddar. It has a great creamy texture and slices beautifully! It would be perfect for everyday sandwiches, but it also would be great in a lot of other recipes such as dips, appetizers, entrees, and more. Sharp Cheddar American Blend comes in yellow or white and can be found at the deli section at many grocery stores so you can have it sliced thin or thick and buy a little or a lot at one time so try a slice next time you’re at the store.
To celebrate their new cheese, Land O’Lakes is offering a great prize for one lucky Snappy Gourmet reader including a panini press, a grilling utensil kit, and coupons for their Sharp Cheddar American Blend!
SNAPPY GOURMET – LAND O’LAKES GIVEAWAY:
***DEADLINE has passed. Thanks to everyone who entered and congratulations to Mary E (California) the winner!
Let’s get started on these quick, easy, and delicious Cheesy Sloppy Joe Bread Bowls!
First, you’ll need to brown some ground beef in a pan. You could also use any ground meat such as chicken, turkey, pork, or even a vegetarian substitute. Add some chopped onion and green pepper and prepare the homemade sauce. The sauce only takes a few minutes to put together.
Be sure to give the sauce a taste and adjust to your family’s preference. If your family likes spicy food, you may want to add a little more chile powder or you could even throw in a little hot sauce.
While you let the ground beef, veggies, and sauce simmer for about 10 minutes, prepare your rolls. I used 4 pretzel rolls (found locally) but you can use any size or kind of roll you’d like. Slice the top off of each roll and remove the inside of the roll to make room for the filling.
Place a half slice of Sharp Cheddar American Blend in the bottom of each roll (I had to cut each half in half again to get it to fit).
When the sloppy joe filling is done simmering, spoon the filling into the rolls and top each with a slice of Sharp Cheddar American Blend. It should melt if the sloppy joe filling is still hot, but if you’d like you can also place the finished bread bowls in a warm oven or toaster oven for a few minutes to melt it.
These Cheesy Sloppy Joe Bread Bowls are the perfect 30-minute meal but would also make GREAT appetizers or snacks if you use mini rolls. I think I’ll be serving these at some fall football parties! The melted slices of Sharp Cheddar American Blend helps keep the filling inside so these Cheesy Sloppy Joe Bread Bowls aren’t so sloppy. :) Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy!
Cheesy Sloppy Joe Bread Bowls
- 1 1/3 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 rolls
- 6 slices LAND O LAKES® Deli Sharp Cheddar American
- Place ground beef into large skillet over medium-high heat, and crumble beef with back of fork and cook until no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes. Add onion and pepper and cook an additional 1-2 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Drain excess grease, then place back over heat.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix together ketchup, water, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chile powder, mustard powder, and garlic powder. Pour over beef and vegetables in pan, stir to combine, reduce heat to low, cover pan, and cook about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cut tops of rolls off, remove inside of rolls, and discard inside or reserve for other use. Place half of slice of Sharp Cheddar American Blend into bottom of each roll. Fill with beef mixture then top each roll with slice of the product. If desired, place in warm oven or toaster oven to help with melting.
SNAPPY TIPS: Be sure to taste the sloppy joe sauce before adding to beef and adjust seasoning to your family's preferences.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Onions may be substituted for green pepper and vice versa. White vinegar may be substituted for apple cider vinegar. Any type of roll or size roll may be used.
For more great recipes featuring LAND O LAKES® Sharp Cheddar American Blend, visit the Land O’Lakes Recipe Page. You can also check out Land O’Lakes on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Here are some I thought you might enjoy…
And a few more recent recipes from other bloggers I thought you would enjoy…
- Cheesy Grilled Pesto Chicken & Sundried Tomato Sandwich – Table for Two
- Cheesy Barbecue Chicken and Bacon Eggrolls – Foodie with Family
- Roast Pork and Pickled Cherry Panini – Nutmeg Nanny
Disclosure: Snappy Gourmet has partnered with Land O’Lakes for an exclusive endorsement of Land O’Lakes Deli Cheese. This blog post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes. All opinions are my own.