I’m super excited to be sharing this fabulous Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies Recipe with you all! Not only because it’s a fabulous peanut butter brownie recipe, but because I’ve teamed up with over 30 other food bloggers for a fun day full of chocolate and peanut butter hosted by Carla of Chocolate Moosey and Miriam of Overtime Cook! All of us are sharing some fabulous chocolate peanut butter recipes today for Chocolate Peanut Butter Day so be sure to follow #chocPBday on social media to follow the fun and follow our Pinterest board to see lots of chocolate peanut butter recipes all day!! Share some of your favorite chocolate peanut butter recipes! I’d love to see them! We are also teaming up with OXO, King Arthur Flour, and Peanut Butter & Co. to bring you three fabulous prize packs for three lucky readers. Good luck! Before we get to the giveaway, let’s start with this Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies recipe! Can’t beat a fudgy peanut butter brownie recipe can you? So I thought peanut butter brownies would be perfect today! These peanut butter brownies are stuffed with an easy peanut butter ganache, peanuts, and chocolate chips. These are bakery quality brownies so beware! You might not want to keep them in the house unless you’re ready to eat the whole pan. To start while the oven is preheating, I like to lightly grease a 13×9-inch baking pan, then line it with parchment paper, then lightly grease again. This makes it super easy to get the brownies out of the pan and helps with the cleanup! In a double boiler, melt the butter, chocolate chips and coffee until smooth then cool. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Then mix together the dry ingredients in another bowl. Whisk the cooled chocolate mixture into the sugar/egg mixture (make sure the chocolate mixture is cool and slowly add while whisking so you don’t end up with curdled eggs!). Then whisk in the dry ingredients. Spread about half of the batter over the bottom of the pan and bake about 10 minutes. For the peanut butter ganache, place the cream in small saucepan and heat until it just starts to bubble. Pour over peanut butter chips in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Cool completely. To speed up the cooling you can place over an ice bath or in the fridge. Pour the peanut butter ganache over the bottom brownie layer then top with the nuts and chips. Spoon remaining brownie batter on top and carefully spread over filling. Finish baking but be sure you don’t overbake these brownies or they’ll dry out. Cool the peanut butter stuffed brownies completely after baking. You should be able to gently pull on the parchment paper and remove the brownies from the pan. You might need to use a butter knife around the edges if they stick. For a firmer fudgier Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownie, store in fridge. Otherwise, store at room temperature for a few days. Enjoy! And maybe enjoy with a little ice cream, chocolate sauce, and a cherry.
*CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER DAY GIVEAWAY*
Who’s ready to WIN some great prizes?? Special thanks to our sponsors! Be sure to check them out and follow them on social media:
- OXO: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | YouTube
- King Arthur Flour: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
- Peanut Butter & Co: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest| Instagram | YouTube
Three lucky winners will win one of the following: Prize Pack #1: OXO Baking Tool Set: One 3-in-1 Egg Separator, One Bent Icing Knife, One Brownie Spatula, One Cake Tester, One Cookie Spatula, One Cupcake Icing Knife, One Cupcake Corer, One Egg Beater, One Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, One Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons, One Medium Cookie Scoop Prize Pack #2: King Arthur Flour ingredients: One bag of all-purpose flour, one package of Guittard bittersweet chocolate disks, and one bottle of pure vanilla extract Prize Pack #3: Peanut Butter and Co. package including: one Dark Chocolate Dreams 6-pack, One Variety 6-pack, and One 31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams cookbook This giveaway is open to US residents only and will be picked from random draw. Giveaway ends Monday March 31, 2014 at 11:59 PM. The winners will be notified via email and have 24 hours to respond. If not, the prize is forfeited and another winner will be chosen.
GIVEAWAY IS NOW OVER. THANKS FOR ENTERING!
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
|Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies|| || |
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 (12 oz.) bag dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 (12 oz.) bags peanut butter chips
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 2 cups chopped salted roasted peanuts
- 1 (12 oz.) bag dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13×9 baking dish. Line the pan with parchment paper so that paper is along bottom and up the two longer sides and goes a little above top of pan sides. Then lightly grease the parchment paper.
- Place butter, 1 bag of chocolate chips, and coffee in top of double boiler over medium heat. Stirring occasionally, heat mixture until smooth (about 5-7 minutes). Remove from heat and set mixture aside to cool. [OR you can place ingredients in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth.]
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, and vanilla until well combined in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk cooled chocolate mixture into sugar/egg mixture, then stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour about half of brownie mixture into bottom of prepared 13×9-inch baking dish. Spread batter to cover bottom of pan into an even layer. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place peanut butter chips in medium mixing bowl, set aside. Place cream in small sauce pan over medium heat. Stir until it just starts to bubble. Remove from heat, and pour over peanut butter chips. Stir until smooth. [OR you can place chips and cream in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth.] Set aside to cool.
- When bottom brownie layer is done, remove from oven. (don’t worry if it’s not fully cooked), pour cooled peanut butter ganache over brownie layer. Sprinkle nuts then remaining 1 bag of chocolate chips on top. Spoon remaining brownie batter on top and gently spread batter over chocolate chips to edges of pan to cover filling.
- Bake brownies an additional 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F or until almost set in middle. Brownies may appear slightly underdone, but that’s ok. Be careful to not overbake and dry out brownies.
- Cool completely. For easy cutting, place brownies in fridge for several hours over overnight to firm. Gently lift on parchment paper to remove brownies from pan and remove paper. You may need to run a sharp knife around edge of pan to remove brownies. Cut brownies into squares. For a firmer fudgier brownie, store in fridge. Otherwise, store at room temperature for a few days.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: You can substitute other types of chocolate for the dark chocolate, however, I suggest sticking with a chocolate that is not too sweet.
Visit snappygourmet.com for more recipes.
Want more chocolate peanut butter recipes? Check out the other Chocolate Peanut Butter Day participants’ recipes:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Parfait by Hip Foodie Mom
- Dark Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Crumb Parfait by Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Doughnuts by It’s Yummi!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cup Swirl Brownies by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Buckeye Cheesecake Bars by Chocolate Moosey
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Scones by All Day I Dream About Food
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Jam Bars by Poet in the Pantry
- Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cannolis by Souffle Bombay
- 4 Layer Chocolate Brownie Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting by Neighborfood
- Mini Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars by Crumb: A Food Blog
- Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream by Kelly Bakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Biscotti by Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies by Snappy Gourmet
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cheesecake Filling by Overtime Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls by Gotta Get Baked
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quick Bread by Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips Bars by Roxana’s Home Baking
- Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Blondies by What Smell’s So Good
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake by I Wash You Dry
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Food Lust People Love
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cups by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Cheesecake Bars by Food Faith Fitness
Disclosure: I was not compensated in any way for my participation in this event or post. Prizes for giveaway were provided by above mentioned sponsors. All opinions are my own.