Everyone seems to be moving ahead to fall and fall recipes, but it’s still summer and I wanted sangria. Nothing wrong with that, right??? So I looked around the house to see what I could come up. Next thing I knew I was making this simple Blackberry Vodka Sangria with stuff I had around. It doesn’t take long to put together but you should let the sangria sit in the fridge for at least a few hours or better yet overnight so that the flavor is a bit stronger.
First thing to do for the sangria is make the blackberry simple syrup. Put your blackberries, water, and sugar in a pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes. You can add a little more or less blackberries depending on what you have in the house. You can also add more/less sugar or water. I didn’t want my sangria overly sweet so I didn’t add as much sugar as most people probably would. There are a million ways to make sangria so just experiment!
I poured the blackberries through a strainer a few times to catch all the chunks of fruit left.
Pour the blackberry simple syrup into a pitcher or container and add your wine. I used Sutter Home’s Sweet Red Wine.
Next up was a little Pinnacle Blackberry Vodka. Mmmmmmm….
I added some orange slices, lime slices, and blackberries then mixed it all together and refrigerated overnight.
Garnish with more fruit as desired and serve over ice.
Fall is right around the corner so enjoy now! Actually, this would be a great fall cocktail too!
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
|Blackberry Vodka Sangria|| || |
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 bottle sweet red wine (such as Sutter Home Sweet Red)
- ½ cup Blackberry Vodka (such as Pinnacle)
- orange slices, lime slices, and/or fresh blackberries
- Place 1 cup blackberries, water, and sugar in small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer about 10-15 minutes or until blackberries are very soft.
- Strain liquid several times and discard fruit. Pour into pitcher. Add wine and vodka. Add orange slices, lime slices, and blackberries as desired. Cover and refrigerate at least a few hours but overnight is desired.
- Serve over ice and garnish with additional fruit as desired.
More blackberry recipes you might enjoy:
- Blackberry Bacon Waffles – A Muse In My Kitchen
- Blackberries Coconut Crumble Cake – My Life Love Food
- Caleigh’s Kitchen – Blackberry Ice Cream
Pinnacle Vodka did provide me with some samples of products to try earlier this year but the recipe and all opinions are my own.