Thanks to everyone who has entered my GIVEAWAY! I’m loving reading all your comments and favorite spring foods! You’ve actually inspired me to put some twists on some of your favorites, so stay tuned for some fun spring dishes in the weeks ahead. Still time to enter my GIVEAWAY if you haven’t already!
I posted a recipe awhile back for a Tomato & Basil Mediterranean Chicken Burgers and I got a lot of nice comments and emails about the burgers so thought I’d come up with another burger that is just as easy but completely different flavors! So here’s a recipe for a Caribbean Mango Chicken Burger. You can substitute any type of ground meat, but I like to use lean ground chicken breast. I love making big batches of chicken burgers and freeze them individually for a quick lunch or dinner in the upcoming weeks. So triple or quadruple this recipe if you want some quick meals!
When choosing fresh mango, make sure the fruit is soft otherwise it may take a few days to ripen.
This recipe only takes minutes to prepare and the only time consuming part is chopping everything up including the cilantro, mango, jalapeno, garlic, and onion.
The recipe below makes 4 burgers, but I like to make a HUGE batch, cook the burgers, wrap them up individually and freeze. They defrost great in the microwave or overnight in the refrigerator.
I like to use a cast iron griddle coated with a little oil but you could use any kind of pan or even grill these outside.
Top these burgers with anything you’d like including lettuce, onion slices, fresh mango, etc. You can also make a quick spread by placing mango, cilantro, lime juice and some mayo or yogurt in a food processor.
|Caribbean Mango Chicken Burgers|| |
- 1 pound lean (99% fat free) ground chicken
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh mango, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh jalapeno, (seeds & stems removed) minced
- 1½ teaspoons Caribbean (or Caribbean Jerk) seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 4 rolls
- Toppings (optional): Monterey Jack cheese, lettuce, mango, onion slices, yogurt/mayo
- Place chicken in a large mixing bowl. In a separate small bowl, mix together yogurt, mango, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, Caribbean seasoning, garlic, and lime zest until well combined. Gently stir yogurt mixture into chicken being careful not to overmix and compact meat. Form into 4 patties.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray (or use a little oil to coat bottom of pan) over medium-high heat. Place patties in pan and cook about 3-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Place chicken patties in rolls and top with desired toppings.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: You can substitute any kind of ground meat for the chicken. A lean beef or turkey would also work well.
[For more recipes visit Snappy Gourmet (http://www.snappygourmet.com); sign-up for posts via email or RSS; or follow on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.]