This Slow Cooker Spiced Pear Bread Pudding is made right in your crockpot in individual jars. They’re perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and all your other holiday meals. I LOVE that these individual bread puddings can be made right in your slow cooker since I always have a hard time fitting everything in my oven when I have friends and family over. These cute little desserts also contain Libby’s diced pears and the nice folks at Libby’s have a great prize for one of you. Read on for your chance to win!
With Thanksgiving and other holidays coming up my oven never seems BIG enough for everything I want to cook and bake. Thank goodness for my slow cooker! This bread pudding is quick to put together and only takes a few hours to cook. So get out your slow cooker and make yourself and your guests this delicious dessert!
For the bread pudding, start with some cubed bread. Day old or slightly stale bread works best so that it soaks up all the liquid goodness! I used Challah bread which is one of my favorites but you can use other kinds.
Drain Libby’s diced pears but reserve the syrup for later for the caramel topping. I had to get the pears out of the cupboard when my kids weren’t around, otherwise, the pears would have never made it into the bread pudding. They love gobbling up these individual cups of pears before I can get my hands on them!
Layer the cubed bread and pears in 8 (1-cup) mason jars. If you don’t have mason jars you could make this bread pudding right in your slow cooker. If your slow cooker can not fit 8 jars, you can cut the recipe in half or adjust as necessary.
Once you have your bread and pears in your mason jars, pour the milk/egg mixture on top. Press a spoon lightly down on the bread so that the bread soaks up the liquid.
Put the filled mason jars in your slow cooker. Pour enough water into your slow cooker (be careful you don’t get any water in your bread pudding) so that the water is about an inch-deep. Cover your slow cooker and cook the Spiced Pear Bread Puddings on low for about 3 hours or until the bread pudding is set and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Before serving the bread pudding, make the caramel sauce. Mix together a thick caramel, a little rum, and some reserved pear syrup. Heat in the microwave until just warm. Top your bread pudding with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and chopped nuts.
The bread pudding is best served a little warm. You can keep them in your slow cooker for a while to keep them warm which is perfect when you have guests over! My kids (and even my husband who does not have much of a “sweet tooth”) gobbled these bread puddings up in no time!!!
Would you like to win a brand new slow cooker and prize package from Libby’s????
SNAPPY GOURMET – LIBBY’S GIVEAWAY:
(Check out my GIVEAWAY page regularly for more sweeps!)
***Contest has ended. Thanks for entering!
This is a sponsored post. I was compensated by Libby’s to develop a recipe and post. Prize package was supplied by Libby’s. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
|Spiced Pear Bread Pudding & Libby's Giveaway|| |
- 3 (6oz.) Libby's Diced Pears in Light Syrup
- 6 cups cubed good quality day-old bread
- 6 large eggs
- 2¾ cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons spiced rum, divided (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- dash salt
- 1 cup thick caramel ice cream topping
- Walnuts or pecans, chopped & toasted
- Whipped cream or whipped
- Drain syrup from pears and set syrup aside for later use in caramel topping.
- Layer bread and pears in 8 (1-cup) mason jars alternating layers.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, 3 tablespoons rum if desired, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt until well combined. Spoon over pear and bread in mason jars. Using the back of a spoon, press lightly on bread so that the bread soaks up some of the liquid.
- Place mason jars in slow cooker. Pour water into bottom of slow cooker (being careful not to get water into bread pudding) so that water is about 1-inch deep.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for about 3 hours or until bread pudding is set and a knife inserted into middle comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, mix together caramel, 2 tablespoons of reserved pear syrup, and remaining 2 tablespoons of rum if desired in microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals until warm.
- Top bread pudding with caramel sauce, whipped cream/topping, and nuts as desired.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Instead of cinnamon you can use any kind of spice or spice mixture. Instead of caramel, real maple syrup is also great. Instead of rum, you could use orange juice or omit.
[For more recipes visit Snappy Gourmet (http://www.snappygourmet.com); sign-up for posts via email or RSS; or follow on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.]